I need a flat, or a room, or a flatmate!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 14 August 2009 2.28pm
Hi gang, hope we're all well.

My flatmate is moving out of our flat on Southwark Park Road in a couple of weeks, so I either need to replace her, or move. I've been looking at a range of places but it's proving tricky, so I thought I'd raise the question here and see if anyone has any good advice or knows of something going. As I see it I have three options.

1) Find someone for the available room. It's a double, not huge but lots of wardrobe space, double bed, with room for a workdesk and another chest of drawers. Own bathroom as I have an en-suite. Very large living room open plan to kitchen with dishwasher. 750 a month including all bills. Good landlord.

2) Find a share. You can see from the above what I want. Ideally I'd like to be a bit further in, West end of Grange Road, Bermondsey Street, Long Lane (typically after years of being sniffy about it my other half's friends have all started moving there and she's discovered that it is in fact very nice). Would consider nice bits of Elephant, or Waterloo. Decent sized double, preferably own bathroom, a dishwasher is pretty much an essential for me. Budget could, for the right place, be up to 1000 a month including bills, but ideally more like 800-850.

3) Find a flat. I'm dubious I will find anything I like in my price range, but then I used to rent a 1-bed in Surrey Quays for 650 a month, so maybe for 850-900, who knows!

I'm not wedded to SE1/16 so if by chance you do hear of anything good going in areas like Archway, Kentish Town, Stroud Green, I'm open to all of them.
Monday 17 August 2009 9.16am
I know of a studio flat near St Georges Circus currently available for 190 pw. Walking distance of Waterloo and Westminster. Contact Field&Sons at Borough.
Monday 17 August 2009 11.10am
Hi beingjdc,

My friend has a lovely room available in SE1 (on Grange Road/Tower Bridge Road). It is a large room with an en-suite in a modern Penthouse!! There is a dishwasher and loads of other mod-cons. It also has a MASSIVE terrace, great for entertaining etc. The place has views of Canary Wharf banks, Tower Bridge, the Gherkin and London Eye. You'll have to see for yourself to appreciate the size of the apartment!

PM me if you are interested! Thanks.

Wednesday 19 August 2009 10.59pm
Hi there - I have a lovely spacious double on Black Prince Road which is an easy walk to West End. It's my home and I'm moving to a new flat. It is over 2 floors and is a 3 bed. There is a balcony, large kitchen and separate living room. 2 bathrooms - one separate loo. The rent will include wifi, cleaner, loo roll/ cleaning products/ dishwasher tabs, council tax, all bills basically.
Let me know if you would like to view.
Wednesday 19 August 2009 11.02pm
Hey, thanks all so far. I don't really want a studio, and yinski I think that place is just stretching my budget a bit much. NK I might well be interested in viewing, how much is the all inclusive rent? PM me if you don't want to say here!
Friday 21 August 2009 4.34pm
Hiya,I have a great room on West Lane for rent,its avaiable now.
Set over two floors good size room with huge built in wardrobes.
If you'd like to view or any questions please get in contact.
Regards Bobbie

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: