Managing Agents - Recommendations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 21 March 2002 9.49pm
Hi I'm writing on behalf of residents of a flats (50 in all) in SE1. Our managing agents have gone bankrupt - and we could either buy the freehold or find new agents.

Can anyone who lives in flats / apartments in SE1 recommend a good managing agent?

Bumble Bee
Monday 25 March 2002 1.37pm
I'm not sure whether the words "good" and "managing agents" can be used in the same sentence without a smirk. Buy the freehold - it will be cheaper in the long run, although it could be a hassle to sort out some of the services in the first instance. I recommend you contact the Evening Standard's Homes & Property bit as they are very clued up on all the ins and outs of this sort of thing.
Sunday 7 April 2002 8.18pm
Definitely give buying the freehold real consideration.

I haven't had one good experience of managing agents and am being ripped off royally at the moment.

I think the Evening Standard site has a link to an organisation whose name I have forgotten who lobby on Leasehold issues and in particular the Leasehold Reform Bill going through at the moment. They have a black list of managing agents to avoid and also a forum where people discuss Leashold issues.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: