SE1 Area Flats for Rent

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 February 2010 11.02am
My partner and I are extremely interested in moving into a furnished one bedroom in SE1 for approximately 210-280 pw by the end of February. I presently attend Uni in New Cross (Goldsmiths) while he attends Kingston. Since the universities are in opposite directions, SE1 provides the most transportation options for our needs, not to mention, the area is quite lovely for living as well. :)

We have visited several letting agents in the London Bridge and surrounding areas (Southwark, Waterloo, Bermondsey, Lambeth, Elephant & Castle...), but their policy for students is to provide six months of rent in advance with an additional 6 weeks security deposit as well as the agents' superfluous fees. I completely understand two or three months in advance, but six?! As full-time masters students, we simply do not have that kind of disposable income available, so we have been desperately searching Gumtree/etc. for private landlords. Last week, we scheduled four viewings and they were all let before we even had the chance to see the flat! We had no idea just how difficult this would be.

Our options are running thin, so if you know of anything that fits our criteria or can provide additional advice/resources, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you so much!
Thursday 1 April 2010 8.16pm
HI
I have a large 1 bedroom flat with separate living room/dining room and separate kitchen and bathroom with bath and electric shower, coming up for rent in the next month(May 2010).
My tenant who has lived there (professional dentist)for the past 3 years is leaving as buying own place.

It is on the long lane, bermondsey, SE1. It is 10 minute walk to london bridge and 900/month.

If you are interested email me directly and i will give you my details etc.
best wishes

s.hussain

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: