Major works/section 20

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 March 2010 9.32pm
Hello there - there have been former posts here regarding challenging the bill for major works, as well as posts from different people regarding what evidence they collect/ed to be able to challenge later. I would be very interested to hear updates, i.e. what worked, what did not - would you get in touch? More than interested, desperate!!!
thanks, Ursula
Monday 8 March 2010 12.32pm
Hello,

Challenging Section 20s is quite difficult, unless the consultation is flawed. Oh, and unless you are a right-to-buy leaseholder (you needn't be the original council owner as rights pass on down through the lease), in which case your Sn125 notice will very clearly state if the capital works can be recharged to you (normally within a 5-year period from your completion date).

Your best option otherwise is to lobby established bodies i.e. Leaseholder forums, or to start one of your own. A general principle is to establish whether the proposed works are relevant to your property and represent value for money.

LBS recently applied to the LVT for exemption from consultation, and I don't know the outcome - does anyone else?
Monday 8 March 2010 7.13pm
Thank you for responding. We are a small group and we are aware of the basic possibilities, i.e. was consultation correct, are major works appropriate and at a realistic price. We will probably get a surveyor involved, however we would love to hear who made it, and what were the clever points to get a big reduction.

Thanks, Ursula

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: