Service Charges - AGAIN

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 March 2010 6.58pm
I am unfortunately ending up taking Southwark Council to the LVT to resolve their invoices for service charges...essentially their late billing of service charges (more than 18 months after the start of the relevant year). In this case, I was invoiced 400 in December 2009 for the year 2008-09, which is actually unlawful.
Does anyone else have experience of this?
Also...I'm a little unsure why these threads keep disappearing...last one was early March but I can't find it any longer...James am I becoming paranoid???
Monday 15 March 2010 7.07pm
TomThumb, where is your property? I'm managed by Fair Coummunity Housing, and Southwark's final service charge bill for me for 2008/9 is 43% higher (approx a 340 increase) on what they had estimated.
Monday 15 March 2010 7.37pm
Hello JK,
I'm under the FCHS banner too, although I'm aware that LBS now manage all of the service charges.
Did LBS send you any justification for the final bill? I asked three times, but they ignored me, which is why I am now going to the LVT.
Monday 15 March 2010 7.52pm
I called the name on the service charge bill - very friendly guy who explained why the huge increase was there. You're probably best calling them tomorrow and you will no doubt be surprised! For various reasons I don't want to post the reason here, but I would think it unlikely that we'll actaully have to pay the large increase.
Sunday 18 April 2010 1.34pm
Hi there...I am also going to the LVT regarding service charges, but the whole proceedure is quite daunting. Any advice as to how to make my case would be apreciated. I would also be very interested to know what other people in two bedroom tower block properties are paying
Cheers
Monday 19 April 2010 9.13pm
Hello,
Applying to the LVT rather depends on what you want to do...you can read a lot about it on the (rather lumpy) www.lease-advice.ORG website.
Or if you are happy to let this community know what the problem is, someone will probably help.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 4.43pm
hi just joined and looking for info and support re our LHVT case that we are preparing against southwark council - there are 8 of us on board and we have sort advice with lease.org etc have all that and more we are looking for a solicitor who can represent us at hearing ? anyone out there solicitor who has represented other southwark LH cases ? we are also looking for a surveyor who can do a report and be a witness at tribunal...we are challenging the cost of the new windows etc still 2 years later the work is unfinished falling apart etc we live in a 38 flat block built in 1938.
Wednesday 9 June 2010 6.24pm
Hello,
Window replacements are very common sources of dispute between LBS and leaseholders. There are lots of helpful comments here http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/15470 or by searching for "windows" in the search facility.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: