Selling a 1 bed - estate agents?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 16 August 2010 1.34pm
We are thinking about selling our 1 bed in Bermondsey, and just wondering if anyone had any feedback (good/bad) on local estate agents? We are thinking about the various agents on Bermondsey Street, but it's quite hard to choose, and we cannot find reviews online...any thoughts appreciated.
Monday 16 August 2010 2.09pm
don't go for oppida, they are crap.
Monday 16 August 2010 4.47pm
have used williams lynch in the past, they were good...
Monday 23 August 2010 10.59am
I recently sold my 2 bed flat with Acorn, Bermondsey St. They did a great job - I recommend talking to them
Monday 23 August 2010 11.18am
I went through a similar process to you recently and decided on Williams Lynch. I think they are by a way the best on Bermondsey Street and am happy to date.

When I was arranging a valuation I felt that Acorn and Daniel Cobb were wasting my time, particularly the latter.

Obviously steer clear of Foxtons.
Sunday 12 September 2010 4.04pm
I can recommend Stirling Ackroyd (on Borough High Street). They cover the same areas as the others mentioned and we have just sold with them and have been very happy with the service.

Tuesday 12 October 2010 12.32pm
At a beauty parade I did three years Gordon & Co (then Duncan Allen) particularly impressed: no nonsense, no flannel, hard working. They got my business and sold it quickly. The branch manger there is excellent.

Williams Lynch and Stirling Ackroyd both impressed. Hastings & Cluttons seemed OK too.

Agents I didn't contemplate using were: Field, Cobb, Acorn, Chestertons, Felicity Lord, Kalmars.

Hamptons I did appoint initially and sacked after a fortnight as they kept promising and booking viewings that never actually happened.
Wednesday 13 October 2010 11.38am
I have bought/sold a few properties in the area over last 5 years. Stirling Ackroyd and Hastings are pretty good, Acorn not recommended but really steer clear of Williams Lynch. I personally had very bad experience with Williams Lynch and have heard horror stories from other people as well. The worst part is that they don't seem to care, very unprofessional service.
Hope it helps.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: