Urgent accommodation needed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 1 September 2010 11.01am
Hi Everyone

I am having major works done on my property and am looking to rent a large flat for 6mths-12mths in SE1 from end of September.

The area: Preferably on or near Bermondsey Street going towards Blackfriars.
Needs to be unfurnished or at least sparsely furnished
90-100sq mtrs
2 dbl bedrooms
Not on the ground floor.

I have registered with quite a few estate agents but to no avail.

Please help!

Many thanks
Becki
Wednesday 1 September 2010 11.18am
I don't know if you know this, but there's a new feature on Rightmove that allows you to draw your own map of search area, which means you can be more specific than the old postcode search.

You don't state your price range, but a quick look turns up stuff like this. http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-30855443.html
Wednesday 1 September 2010 12.53pm
Thanks beingjdc.

The problem is I've spent hours looking but one of the most important criteria for me is unfurnished and it doesn't allow you to do that. Very, very annoying when you have to go through every result to see if unfurnished. This is with most agencies websites as well.

Thanks anyway.
B
Wednesday 1 September 2010 1.49pm
Yeah it's tricky, some landlords are able to take a lot of the furnishing out if you ask, so I wouldn't necessarily dismiss a place because it's currently furnished.
Wednesday 1 September 2010 7.23pm
Vast majority of apartments to rent are furnished.

Stick the furniture in storage for 50-100 a month, not big in the context of an apartment on Bermondsey Street.
Wednesday 1 September 2010 9.33pm
If flat is let furnished the landlord gets a tax break worth 10% of total rent.

Almost everything will be advertised furnished, however some landlords will be willing to negotiate, though will probably want to keep a minimum of bed, sofa and table in order to retain a basic livability.

It depends on what you can pay, but many landlords would not be interested in the faff of moving furniture out for six months, storing and moving back in.

I suppose some landlords would not mind letting a flat furnished with basic furniture and then being compensated at the end of the tenancy if it is no longer there. They have provided it. It is on the inventory. However again I cant see anyone being willing to do this for six months. Instead Colinio is right. If you really need to rent unfurnished you would probably need to arrange transport and storage.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: