viewing with Kalmars Residential Estate Agent

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 30 September 2010 1.07pm
I viewed two flats in Long Lane (Fossil Court) with Kalmars and offered to buy them. Kalmars did not send me any information, no prospect, no floorplan, no nothing. I asked a few times for the usual paperwork but no reaction from the Agent. I called them and pointed out that I am waiting for weeks for the papers. They said, yes they will send it - but nothing happened.
The flats are still for sale and I am not doubting Kalmars arranges viewings but is not interested at all to sell them.

My question is: could it be a case of a fraude: To advertise properties which are not for sale only with the intention to bring people in contact with the agent?

Is it worth informing the relevant autohorities about this unethical behaviour?

Thursday 7 October 2010 12.48pm
Yes, Don I know what you mean too. I rang about a property that featured on their website but was told it was under offer so made me think Karlmars market properties only to lure punters in about other similar properties. I notice too the below comment had been posted this year about Kalmars so it must be standard policy they apply.

"I would steer clear of Kalmars. They have been involved in introducing new buyers to already reserved property in a development to force existing buyers to up the price they reserved the property at thinking it was already theirs. Everyone knows that reserving property is only secure in as far as you can bank on the integrity of the people involved."
Tuesday 12 October 2010 11.59am
The same Kalmars as the Kalmars who valued a property I sold at 40% less than other agents (and indeed what I got for it?)
Monday 28 November 2011 12.22pm
If you check their website you will see their CEO is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce ... you should do smthg about it, but whether anything will happen is an other thing.
Page: Links of kalmars website:
Southwark Chamber Of Commerce
KALMARs are members, indeed Richard Kalmar is a past Chair and current Executive Committee member. Whether you are re-locating into Southwark, just starting up or are here already then the Chamber may well have something to offer.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: