Let my flat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 18 January 2011 4.55pm
Hi,

Can anyone tell me who the ebst estate agent are in the SE1 area ? i need to let my flat out and want a really good service.

Cheers
Tuesday 18 January 2011 5.06pm
Hi Aaron,

I let my property through Gordon & Co on tower Bridge and have found them very helpful. To date they have always found me good tenants very quickly.

I've tried some of the other agents in the area and found them far to corporate, and intimidating.

Hope this helps

Denny
Monday 26 March 2012 10.20am
I would have to disagree. On the surface they seemed nice and friendly but there were hidden charges and i'm certain they did not reference our tenant properly, we had all sorts of problems.

They just did not want to know when the problems happened and they would never return phone calls or emails. Did not have a good experience with Gordon & Co.

Would prefer to have a recommendation from someone but on sites like this it is more than likely that Estate Agents are on here championing their own cause.

We've moved on and use someone else but in my experience it is best to find out for yourself and invite a number of estate agents 3 or 4 to give an opinion and make a judgment.

It is important to know that the person coming round to give advice will be on hand later down the line to deal with your inquiries and that you are not passed to someone who simply does not have the experience.
Thursday 3 May 2012 2.21pm
Looking for 2 quality flats in good area for access to city & CW Please no LA for relocation starting 1st June, & July, 2012. NO Agents please. abothy 07809611952
Thursday 3 May 2012 7.52pm
I have yet to find one that isn't primarily concerned with getting their commission and not a lot else. I've found most aren't bothered with being careful re selecting the best tenants, I even had a faked credit check (tenant was in a temporary contract for a few months and would have been unemployed soon, but it had been classed as an annual salary and looked amazing on the surface, however I know the business she was in and spotted the anomaly! - the agent couldn't have cared less..) My advice is only use agents if you absolutely have to, and do your own refs and financial checks anyway, as well, including asking to see bank statements, that's the only way you're ever going to know if they can afford the rent. Places to advertise are LOOT and Gumtree. Ask details about the tenants and what they do even if agents are secretive. It's ridiculous that they charge so much money and yet don't give a quality service most of the time all they're after is their commission and after that they're not interested. Basically you need to be firm and say what you want and what you don't. But best way is to advertise yourself and find a tenant that you can relate to well, because you'll be dealing with them. I'm in the middle of all that at the moment and so far agents have just made things more complicated unfortunately so I'm having to persevere direct as well, to protect my interests, even though geographically at the moment it's awkward!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: