Short-term let wanted 2wks April 20th

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 31 March 2013 11.20pm
I'm a long-time SE1 resident, mostly in the States at present, but I'd like to rent a pleasant studio/1 bed flat in SE1 for 2 weeks April 20th (slightly flexible) with possible re-lets for visits in the summer and autumn. Formal emptiness not a requirement, but decent wi-fi is. Please reply to ma999@mac.com

Thanks

Mark
Friday 5 April 2013 3.42pm
Tuesday 9 April 2013 4.17pm
James B- wrote:
Most helpful. Ta. Anyone used Think Apartments?
Monday 15 April 2013 12.07pm
Actually, we've just stayed in the Bermondsey Street apartments (in an American Double) for two nights. We were pleasantly surprised as the 'apartment' was very comfortable with nice wet rooms (x2 in the American Double) and the apartment has everything you could need - washer-dryer, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and very fast wifi (and cabled internet too).

We were staying due to flood damage so I'm not sure what it cost, but the Think Apartments in Bermondsey Street were very nice. I believe they also have them dotted around elsewhere (TBR, Long Lane etc).

The only downside was I noticed the window reveals were a little dirty, but everything else was spotless.

Despite the glowing words, I have no affiliation with this place. However, based on my experience last week, I would certainly stay there again (though it's unlikely as we live round the corner and don't stay in hotels two minutes from where we live in ordinary circumstances).

Let us know how you get on.
Monday 15 April 2013 2.32pm
Thanks. I'm arriving on April 25th now. I may well use Think, tho their apartments are expensive compared to some, but the truth is I don't trust most of the stuff advertised on Craigslist. VRBO is better, but somewhat scant in SE1. I'll look at Airbnb and Gumtree now that I've fixed my dates.

Still open to rent from an SE1 forummer tho. Big dosh for 2 weeks, doesn't need to be pristine or empty, just copacetic and quiet.
Wednesday 17 April 2013 2.04pm
Might be able to help = will email
Monday 6 May 2013 9.10am
I used Think Apartments, Bermondsey St, for 11 nights. I took a 1 bedroom flat for 99/night. I'm satisfied on the whole. The staff were friendly, the place was clean, it had all mod-cons except an ice-tray for my whisky (but Sainsbury's round the corner sells ice). The flat was a little small to be very relaxing, but decent value in a good location. I'll be back once or twice during the summer, certainly in September and will be looking for an SE1 short-term let then.

Thanks for the help.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: