Parker Building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 22
Friday 16 August 2013 10.51am
I am trying to get in touch with future neighbours at the Parker Building by Hyde Housing. We have just been informed of a further delay to completion and are understandably livid.

Is there anyone out there going through the same situation?
MCR
Friday 16 August 2013 4.56pm
Hi ms89,

That email made pretty depressing reading, didn't it?!
Wish he'd have left it until Monday. I spoke to them this afternoon and they're actually hopeful to have us all in by Christmas, won't be holding my breath given previous form.
Wednesday 21 August 2013 11.00am
Hi MCR,

I spoke to him on the day (as soon as humanly possible after receiving the email!) and I was quite confused by the mixed messages. Then yesterday we received a bit more clarity.

I actually walk past the site every day - the buildings look mainly finished but its the external areas which is taking so long. It surely would have been better to focus on finishing certain areas sooner?

What is your current situation if I can ask? We are currently renting but our landlady wants us out by Oct/Nov and so we are potentially facing a number of short-term costs due to their perennial delays...
MCR
Wednesday 21 August 2013 11.33am
Hi again,

Sounds like we're in the same boat, we've arranged to vacate our current tenancy early October so I'm going to have to go back and ask for another two month extension and hope that they accept, we're already having to pay a higher amount from the last one.

I agree, the apartments actually look finished and having seen the ground floor now the boarding has gone I'm shocked to see nothing has been done.

Not sure where yours is but from my perspective our apartment is accessed via the Jamaica Road entrance which is really unaffected by the rest of the building works, I'm hoping they can at least make an effort to finish up that part so at least we and the others on that part can get in.

On hearing of the first delay we were told the construction company would be fined heavily for falling behind, now that they are even further behind and the developer's cost will be even lower, it makes you wonder how much they are pushing for completion as all the property has already sold. Maybe I'm just being too cynical.
Tuesday 3 September 2013 12.13pm
Hadn't seen the site for 10 days or so and it looks like they are pressing on nicely with the external works and I guess that it is promising that inspections are going ahead internally. We are in block 3 so our entrance is down Marine St/Freda Street, this could take us even longer but I hope they prioritise those who need to move in faster.

I have just seen on BT/Virgin websites that they have the addresses in their systems now which should speed up deliveries when(if!) things progress.

When are you expecting to complete? My girlfriend and I are taking bets!
MCR
Wednesday 4 September 2013 2.00pm
We had some internal pics sent and looks all but finished and very nice, still work in progress in the courtyard but as you say the front and side looks very close.
Would guess that the site will close for a couple of weeks over xmas so can't see it being signed off until late Jan, unfortunately.
Tuesday 1 October 2013 11.23am
Still looking for anyone else still being delayed here. We have just been delayed until January and with no incentive for them to do anything particularly fast, maybe the press would be interested.

Any thoughts MCR?
MCR
Monday 7 October 2013 1.44pm
As if by magic we're being put on standby for a mid / end of November completion. Really not sure what to make of it. Will be out of pocket for 3 months rent at our current place but at this stage I just want to get in and don't mind swallowing it.
Are you in Core 2?
Monday 7 October 2013 5.05pm
Yes, I always love how they can delay and delay yet you only get an extremely short period of time to come up with the money!

This is good news for you and hopefully means that some progress is being made. What does being put on standby actually mean? Have they given you an official date? We were told that all of core 3 would be moving in then, do you know if this is the case?

We are in Core 3 which is apparently going to be the final Core... We had been told that they would be prioritised by floor which, with us on the 5th, would mean we would be in quite quickly. Now we are looking at after Christmas and have been given notice on our current flat...perfect.
MCR
Thursday 10 October 2013 11.10am
Yes, would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

We were asked last week if we'd like to proceed to completion mid / late November without the parking as that part of the buiding isn't finished yet, but not heard anything since. He only mentioned that this was core 2, nothing about any others unfortunately.

I can't see how it wouldn't all be ready before Christmas.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: