Rental Property Advice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 4 September 2013 12.41pm
Hi all,

I am a new landlord trying to rent out my flat for the first time. My property is a lovely 1-bed on Shad Thames. Ideally I'd like to rent it out privately to tenants but not sure if the usual websites such as Gumtree and SpareRoom are suitable for these "higher-end" properties.

I have spoken to a few agents tentatively, but I have to say so far I am not that impressed, they are not very proactive, and there is a little bit of lying about rental levels they have achieved in the past to get business. I could be wrong but it's just my impression/intuition.

Just wondered if others have had experience with the agents for similar properties in the past, and which ones they would recommend, or if people have had other good ways of finding tenants, I would welcome suggestions.

Many thanks for reading!
Saturday 7 September 2013 11.02pm
whereabouts is it? I'd be interested.

PM me details.

I agree with to some extent with Gumtree stance. But it's one of those places where you get dodgy stuff right next to legitimate, good quality things. Nature of a free advertising platform I guess.
Thursday 19 September 2013 4.55pm
I've used spareroom to rent several properties and all the tenants have been nice young professionals so suggest giving it a go. Obviously it's not the focus of the site, but you should still get some interest if you price correctly and better than paying 10% to an agent.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Thursday 19 September 2013 5.00pm
Good advice, thanks for taking the time to reply, will give it a try.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: