Bermondsey Spa, The Exchange

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 31
Sunday 16 February 2014 9.03pm
EHello Everyone

I will finally exchange contracts for a flat in the Exchange, near Bermondsay Spa. Is there anyone else who has purchased a property there? I thought would be useful to open a thread in order to discuss and deal with possible problems that might at completion date.

For example, does anyone know when will the first apartment be ready?
Tuesday 4 March 2014 2.49pm
Hello

Myself and my friend are (hopefully!) exchanging on a flat at the Exchange at the beginning of April.

We've been told that the apartments in our block (B) will be ready in June/July, though that isn't 100% confirmed. So will just play it by ear until we hear more

Very excited about making the move!!
Tuesday 4 March 2014 3.36pm
Hello Lisa

Looks like we are going to be neighbors then :) I have exchanged for a flat in block B as well. Very looking forward as well. I hope they will stick with the plan. Good luck with your purchase and congratulation
Tuesday 15 April 2014 9.19am
Hello

I was wondering if anyone moving into the Exchange (especially block B), has been given an idea of move in dates? Our paperwork now says the beginning of August, but our mortgage advisors are still being told it is expected to be June/July

I know people have started moving into block E, so hoping we wouldn't be too far behind!

Thanks
Monday 21 April 2014 11.19am
Hello Lisa

I guess you got the email from the HA on Friday. Works have been delayed and the expected move in date is now August, although I start to feel it is going to be most probably September...
Hope there wont be any further delays
Thursday 24 April 2014 4.21pm
Hello,

I've just discovered this; I've exchanged on a property in block B as well. Disappointed, but no surprised, about the delay to August. I hope it isn't further delayed!
Wednesday 30 April 2014 4.48pm
Hi both

Yep - we're definitely hoping August will be the latest move in date (we're currently in temporary accom/with family, so not ideal!)

I was in the area on Saturday, and there were quite a few builders onsite which I took as a good sign. It definitely looked to have progressed quite a bit from the previous time we visited.

We want to start looking at furniture, but tricky when all you can go off is the floor plan!
Wednesday 30 April 2014 4.58pm
I'm really surprised we can't even have a look for taking some measurement! From what i know I can only see the flat 10 days before handover, which it is not ideal. I will call the HA and challenge that. I would like to visit the flat as soon as possible...let's see what they say. I will keep you posted
Saturday 3 May 2014 8.26pm
Congratulations Y'll you have just moved into the best neighbourhood in London, my wife and I moved to bermondsey two years ago and it is simply the best!
Thursday 8 May 2014 7.20pm
I'm block B as well!! Exchanged contracts, just waiting for the thing to be finished.

I visited on Sunday and my impression was...well, nearly there, but it'll be a push to avoid another delay beyond August. We'll see.

I'm no builder, but I've been visiting about once a month since January, and I've not really seen any major leaps forward. It never looks that busy there, so I'm not surprised it's been delayed.

Really good to social network with future neighbours :)

Tom
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 31

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: