Questions about living in MyBaSE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 18 July 2014 11.05am
Hello everyone, new to the site and new to the area. I am planning on renting a place at MyBaSE1 and wanted to ask if any current or former residents could give me an indication of what it is like living there and the average cost per month in utility bills. Loved the 2 bed flats I saw, but was really disappointed to see they all have electric heating. From a landlord's perspective this is a good option, but for the tenant, what does this mean in terms of monthly utilities? Also, is it possible to get good broadband there?
Friday 8 August 2014 10.06am
Hi

I've lived there since the development was first built, and was wary of the electric heating at first too. I have a two bed flat, and because of the energy efficiency and fact I have a flat above me, below me and to either side, I have only ever used the heating for maybe a total of 2 hours each winter, for 10-15 mins at a time just to quickly "take the chill off" when coming back from a weekend away or if its got really cold. Generally, not had to use the heating, but I know a lot of people might prefer to use heating rather than wear a jumper indoors, but don't think you need to be concerned with that too much.
My electric bills are normally 20-40 a month (including the electric hob and oven), and waters about 30 a month if I remember right.
Had sky broadband before which was fantastic. Now with EE which is little less reliable. You can also try Relish which works well there and is a new system where you don't need a landline.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: