Jam factory - noise?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 July 2014 5.09am
Hi,

I am thinking about a penthouse flat in the Jam Factory, and am interested in current/past residents' views on noise levels. The flat has neighbours either side and below, but not above.

Can people in the penthouses/sub-penthouses (or other flats if the dividing walls are similarly constructed) hear noise from their neighbours to the sides and/or below, whether general living noise or loud music, and whether from inside the neighbours' flats or from their terraces? What about flight noise from planes going in to land at Heathrow? Will closing all the windows cut out the noise? And how often do people in the Jam Factory generally have loud parties/play loud music that can be heard from outside their own flat?

I am quite sensitive to noise, and work from home frequently. High-density living concerns me somewhat, but the flat is nice. I appreciate that noise tolerance is subjective, but any answers would be much appreciated. I don't want to move somewhere and then be miserable because I can hear the neighbour's bass all day.

Many thanks.
Tuesday 2 September 2014 12.04pm
Hello!

Looks like I am a similar situation to you. Looking to buy in there but would like to know what the noise situation is like and the quality of the soundproofing. We are also looking at a penthouse but hopefully it is a different one to you as some time has surpassed between when you first posted.

I've posed the question to the estate agent to ask the current owner so I will let you know what there response.

If you found out any further information I'd appreciate it if you could please share.

Many thanks,

Stephanie

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: