197 Long Lane// Electricity Meter// Your help needed!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 November 2014 7.20pm
Dear residents,

I hope I can find on this forum the ones who live or lived in 197 Long Lane block of flats. Please can you help me to locate meter cabinet in this building? Ii was given a key which opens a door in the basement (parking) however I couldn't see electricity meters in there.
My landlord/estate agents do not know the answer I'm afraid.

Many thanks for your help!
Monday 3 November 2014 7.40pm
If you are renting there may be a bill from a supplier to the previous tenants, or you should have been provided with info so at least you know who is charging you. Any bill will have a meter reference number (to check you are reading the right one), and show if the readings are estimates or actual. However, it may be read remotely which means you won't be able to ask a human meter reader where it is in the first place.

It sounds a bit odd that the landlord doesn't know or seem bothered to find out. Are there riser cupboards in the corridors (which should have a notice on them indicating electrical supply inside)? Ask the neighbours? Put up a notice in the building? Get the landlord to help by contacting the previous tenants?

I've run out of ideas.
Tuesday 11 November 2014 11.57pm
Janefs' advice is good. The meter number is key. UK Power Networks/National Grid or whatever they're called will be able to tell you the physical location of the meter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: