Party Wall Notice to Southwark Council

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 29 November 2014 12.33am
Does anyone have experience of submitting a Party Wall Notice to Southwark Council?
I am a leaseholder and want to remove a couple of chimney breasts in my property but I'm not sure where to send the Notice i.e. Home Ownership Services, the Planning Department or Building Control?
Sunday 1 March 2015 10.28pm
Send it to everyone.
It's only a few stamps and they probably won't bother with it anyway.
Good luck and well done you for doing the decent thing!
Sunday 1 March 2015 10.46pm
Starting to wish I hadn't! Thanks though.
Zoe
Wednesday 4 March 2015 9.06pm
I have just been helping someone with this and it's not a party wall agreement (though you might also need that), you have to ask the council's permission as the freeholder, to do the work. Minor changes are 34, but this will probably need a visit by a technical person so will be more expensive (I remember it being 216, but that could have been for something totally different). There is a waiting list of outstanding applications so get the app in asap (as you posted in November hopefully you already did!).

I think you may also need planning permission, but not sure as my friend was only doing minor internal works.

I wanted to post as I was rather surprised (and suspect that others will be too) that permission is required for a whole range of works to leasehold properties, like fitting a new bathroom and stuff like that. I think you could get away with retrospective permission for lots of things though.
Wednesday 4 March 2015 9.33pm
It's quite ridiculous, Zoe.
I requested permission for some things back in June and made a further request in November; currently the council are still processing requests from May!!!
The building control team have actually been very quick getting back to me regarding the party wall but the hold up has been waiting for permission.
Constantly tempted to do it retrospectively but never know how that might end up especially as it's for structural changes.
Thanks for your input though. The waiting continues...
Zoe
Saturday 7 March 2015 8.54am
That is a rather long wait, but as you did it in June at least they will get to you next (trying to look on the bright side here!).

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: