Area round Bermondsey Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 26 March 2015 10.55am

I am looking to buy a flat (live in SE1 at the moment and need to be close by for work, but want somewhere a bit bigger than we have at the moment and so we are looking for a slightly cheaper area). I am looking at a few flats a few roads south of Bermondsey tube station, going towards South Bermondsey. I've heard mixed things about the area (although often a few years old). I'd be really grateful for any views on how safe it now is at night, whether it feels (or is) threatening,etc. I've previously lived in Wood Green, so not hugely fussy - but the idea of buying there is to have a bit more space so we can start a family, and I don't want to waste time looking there if it's just really grim.

Thanks in advance!
Monday 30 March 2015 2.31pm
My young female cousin lived there for years and was fine.
Monday 30 March 2015 4.07pm
We've lived here for 10 years now & there hasn't been a hint of trouble. It's quiet at night but enough people around from the Biscuit Factory complex for it to feel safe. I don't think you need worry.
Monday 30 March 2015 9.28pm
The only problem I am aware of is youths on bikes around Bermondsey tube station snatching mobile phones.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: