Seller's Pack From Southwark Council

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
BVP
Friday 10 April 2015 7.19pm
Can someone please advice. I have a neighbour wishing to sell his property (ex-local authority flat) His solicitors has applied for a sellers pack for last 3 years to supply to the purchasers solicitors(standard practice). So far this has taken almost a month and nothing yet from the Southwark council. This is a paid service should it take this long? And what can my neighbour do to hurry it along.

Would welcome any suggestion especially if you are working for the council, the council is clearly taking the P***.

Thank you in advance.
BVP
Friday 10 April 2015 7.58pm
...Sorry forgot to make it clear, the sellers pack is requested from Southwark Council. Simply Southwark Council is taking too long.
Thursday 21 May 2015 4.33pm
Hi BVP

If you are still looking for advice on this maybe I can shed some light.

Once the council has received payment they have 10 working days to respond. You can contact the leaseholders department and chase up on your documents. If it has been a month and you have not heard nothing then the chances are they did not receive payments.

I normally would take a cheque straight to their office on Tooley street in person and give instructions to send to both me and the solicitors this way you know when the 10days is up.

If you are experiencing any problems with the sales progression feel free to contact me. I will try my best to offer advice

Amy

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: