Questions for Cayenne Court Cyclists

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 14 May 2015 4.21pm
Hello,

Following an amazing few months of travelling (including 4 months touring Europe by bicycle!) my boyfriend and I are looking for a place to live around the Shad Thames area. I've found this forum really useful for picking up some local knowledge and am now hoping there's someone around who may be able to advise on a specific issue.

I viewed a flat in Cayenne Court this week and it was ticking all the boxes until the porter informed me that, whilst there is a secure bike storage room, there's no availability at the moment and bikes aren't permitted within the main buildings so we wouldn't be able to store them in the flat either. This is a pretty major issue for us as one of the big attractions of the area is the ease of cycling to work.

So my questions to anyone who lives in Cayenne Court:
1. What's the deal with the bike storage room? Do spaces ever come available? Any idea how much of a waiting list there is? Are more spaces planned? (the porter seemed to suggest the latter may be the case at some point but didn't offer any specifics)
2. What other options are there in the area? I looked into the Bikeaway lockers (http://www.cyclemanagement.co.uk/lockers.aspx) but the locations and availability in those locations kind of negate the convenience of commuting by bike! We absolutely wouldn't consider simply locking them up outside.

I'd be very grateful for any advice!

Thank you,
Erika

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: