Moving to London?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 11.52am
I visited London (Bayswater) a few weeks ago with my girlfriend, and we both fell totally in love with the city. We are thinking about taking the dog and moving there. The problem is, that the flats and houses seems to cost a furtune. So, I was hoping that somebody might be able to give me a few tips and tricks about how to find somethere nice to live, without having to pay 500.000 for it?

This might just be a stupid dream, but I still want to at least try to see if I could make it happen.
Monday 15 June 2015 1.16pm
Well, I am looking for a property after more than 3 years in London and, from my experience, it's a nightmare :-( I am living in Elephant and Castle at the moment: people used (and still use) to talk about E&C as a dangerous/to avoid area, but in my opinion it's a lot of crap, I love E&C, but it's already out of my reach (studio flats in the new buildings start at 370-380k!!!), so I am looking more in the East End; in Februart I found a place but the transaction fell through so I had to restart the entire process without being able to find something I like.
Good luck with your search, if you want an advice, give yourself a realistic budget, keep in mind all the expenses you have on top of the price (stamp duty, solicitors, furniture etc.) plus the service charges, council tax etc. and don't overstretch, you don't want to spend all your income to pay your mortgage. Once you have a clear picture, start to look at the sites like Rightmove, Zoopla, PrimeLocation, OnTheMarket etc. look at the different areas and see if, with your budget, you can see something that could possibly match your expectations. Then, of course, it's time to go for the viewings.
Hope this helps.
Michele
Friday 19 June 2015 1.24pm
If you're first time buyers, look at shared ownership schemes. Otherwise good luck finding somewhere decently located for under 500k...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: