Leasehold Conveyancer/ Solicitor Recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
emu
Thursday 23 July 2015 11.46am
Having had a nightmare experience with the conveyencer we used when we bought our flat a few years ago, we are trying to find a new one. Can anyone recommend a good solicitor experienced in buying and selling leasehold flats in london who charges a fixed fee.
Many thanks
Thursday 23 July 2015 12.16pm
Hi

I'm currently using Convey Law (solicitor - Cheryl Head) and they are very good. Flat fee but are based out of Newport, Wales however the location hasn't been an issue so far
Thursday 23 July 2015 1.49pm
I've used Hella Jacobsen (Jacobson & Co). Very impressed with them and have recommended them to others. Based out of West London
emu
Thursday 23 July 2015 5.10pm
Thanks both of you. Im a bit hesitant to use Convey Law due to mixed web reviews and the fact our nightmare was caused by a similarly large online conveyancing co (bad of me to tar all of them with the same brush but once bitten...).

Unless anyone else makes a bid it may well be Hella who gets our business...
Friday 24 July 2015 12.11pm
Before my transaction fell through (lender downvaluation), I was working with "The partnership", they are based in Guilford but have an office in London Waterloo. They were very good in communicating with me. Luckily they had the no-move/no-charge policy, so despite my disappointing experience I had to pay them just the expenses. Whenever I'll find the right place, I'll go with them again.
emu
Friday 24 July 2015 6.14pm
Thanks to everyone. I have just had a good coversation with the Partnership. Will let my partner make the final decision form the 3 suggestions above and will feedback our experience with whomever we choose for future vendors/ purchasers

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: