Property Management

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 8 May 2002 8.37pm
The courtyard in our block of flats is not being properly maintained. I have already written to the managememt company about the problem. Is it legal to stop part of the management fees if the management company are not taking good enough care of the property or do I have to seek legal advice? Any ideas? P.S. Thanks for the tips about the wood floors.
Thursday 9 May 2002 10.31am
you need to get a residents comittee together, and have a meeting, it is possible to sack them and interview other management companies or you could consider joining together and offering to buy the freehold and managing the building yourselves
Thursday 9 May 2002 10.33am
After consulting "people who know" the advice is don't stop paying. Write a letter of complaint to the manager of the company saying you are not happy with the service and that you will be reducing/stopping payment if things don't improve. Keep a copy. If there is no response, then take action. This should cover you in court if they do decide to take legal action against you. Of course, legal advice is always a bonus as well.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network