Chadwick Square Property Insurance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 26 January 2016 1.34pm
As a landlord of a property in Russell Lodge, in the Chadwick Square development in SE1, I was under the impression that buildings insurance premiums were included in the Management Fees paid to Warwick Estates. I have just received an invoice for Buildings Insurance from Home Ground, who have taken out a policy with Zurich and are DEMANDING 258.62 per annum. I am aware that they are now responsible for collecting the annual Lease Fees but where has this invoice emerged from? Anyone else surprised? Any comments welcomed.
Thursday 17 March 2016 10.32am
Hi Keith,

Normally the freeholder is responsible for the building insurance and it is built into your annual service charges. If you ask your management company for a breakdown of your service charge statement it should show clearly your contribution to the building insurance. They may attach a copy of the invoice from the insurers but the invoice should be to the freeholders and not you.

On another note, forgive me for my direct approach but you mentioned that you are a landlord, are you already using an agent? If you need any assistant with finding tenants please do not hesitate to contact me. I have worked in the area for over 10 years and could offer you valuable advice whether you are renting, selling or just wanting a reliable agent to manage.

Thanks

Amy
Friday 18 March 2016 10.07am
Hi Amy
Thank you for your reply. The freeholder's agent messed up and sent the invoices direct to the landlords rather than the Estate Management company. Your explanation is spot on and all is resolved.
Regarding a letting agency, yes I do have an agent and they have proved to be excellent, so currently I have no need of your services, but thank you for showing an interest in that direction.
Thursday 24 March 2016 2.38pm
Hey Keith,

Good to know the problems resolved. Keep my details.... you never know!

Amy

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: