Brimmington Estate Major Works Invoice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
NJS
Tuesday 29 March 2016 10.41am
I am a non resident leaseholder and I'm very interested in hearing from other leaseholders from the Brimmington Estate about the recent major works invoices. In particular I'm very concerned about the shoddy administration; i.e. being chased to pay an invoice that hasn't been sent, the lack of documentation such as a breakdown of costs as well as the final charge seems to be disproportionally high for the work actually done.
In addition to this the recent issues with the heating and hot water constantly breaking down and what appears to be water damage appearing on my ceiling I am very unhappy with the service that I am getting for my money and I am wondering if there are others out there who feel the same?
N.
jpm
Monday 4 April 2016 1.00pm
NJS -

It's always worth asking for a full breakdown of your invoice, as this will let you see exactly where all your money is going. They should be able to send you details of your share of every piece of work done and job logged against your flat. You can then look in detail about whether the work is overpriced, unnecessarily repeated, or even not related to your particular property

Also worth checking in your lease exactly what you should be paying for - for example, if your lease says your property doesn't pay for grounds maintenance, then you don't have to pay for grounds maintenance, even if there are are grounds on the estate. Some of the homes sold in the early days of right to buy (80s and early 90s) had completely random variations in leases between almost identical properties for no good reason whatsoever.

(technically this is an SE15 issue - I used to live on the Brimmington - but the principles are the same across Southwark)

Hope this is helpful

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: