Metro Central Heights

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 19 July 2017 11.32pm
Hi everyone

I'm looking to buy a flat in MCH.

I had a viewing of a couple of flats the other day.

I have a few questions to those who gave experience of MCH please.

The windows of both flats were terrible. They were so oldm In one of the flats, the window wouldn't even close properly as it was so warped. I see in the lobby that there's an example of the new windows. The question I have is whether you have to choose that supplier, or can choose your own?

Also, I gear the exterior will be painted grey (rather than the current blue). Will that cost extra or be taken out of the existing management fees?

Are some blocks better managed / looked after than others?

Finally, what's the soundproofing like in the flats? Does it vary between the blocks?

Thank you for any info.
Wednesday 2 August 2017 3.14pm
Hi Norwich,

I looked at buying there and decided not to.

The windows are from one supplier as they had to be agreed with lots of people, redoing the flat I looked at was 20k+ - part of my reason for not proceeding. That cost falls on you. The external redec is part of the service charge AFAIK.

Other questions you'll need a resident.

Hope that helps
Wednesday 2 August 2017 3.51pm
OK, thanks for the info.

Windows are expensive, and in one of the two flats in saw, one of the windows wouldn't even shut as the aluminum was so warped. So that would be an upfront cost of thousands before I've even done anything!

I do really like MCH so I'm going to keep on looking.

Thanks again for the info. All insights are appreciated.

Norwichgal
Wednesday 2 August 2017 3.54pm
Good luck. Lots going for it.
Wednesday 2 August 2017 4.10pm
Thank you. It's the security / concierge that I particularly like as well as the transport links.

I hope you found a great pad in the end.

Norwichgal

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: