SE1/17 Flats

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 13 January 2005 5.10pm
I currently live in SE1 and am considering a move to SE17 (East St area) or down to Elephant.
Someone mentioned Metro Central on the roundabout to me, but I always think it looks a bit grim. anyone live there or know anyone who lives there who can give me some info about living there?
Thursday 13 January 2005 9.40pm
I've lived in Metro Central for nearly two years and enjoy living there. I'd imagine the flats in the east block facing the railway must be pretty grim, but otherwise it's a nice place to live. I think it's the people in the flats above Wetherspoon's etc let the place down somehow; why on earth do these people have such horrible curtains and lights!?
Friday 14 January 2005 9.58am
why not go and ask them? they're your neighbours

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 14 January 2005 11.09am
I agree, I walk past there every morning to the tube and those flats look SO grotty.

Zappomatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've lived in Metro Central for nearly two years
> and enjoy living there. I'd imagine the flats in
> the east block facing the railway must be pretty
> grim, but otherwise it's a nice place to live. I
> think it's the people in the flats above
> Wetherspoon's etc let the place down somehow; why
> on earth do these people have such horrible
> curtains and lights!?

Friday 14 January 2005 11.56am
It wouldn't be physically possible to go and ask them as the security in the building is such that your keyfob will only let you into your own corridor. The hidden benefit of this is that should you get out of the lift on the wrong floor, be it through just not being with it or through being a little drunk, you can't embarass yourself by trying to get into someone elses flat!

Another thing not helping the place is that the metal framed windows get steamed up very easily. They also seem to have been painted very shoddily over the years so many
Friday 14 January 2005 11.58am
[Double post deleted]

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 14 January 2005 12.12pm by Zappomatic.
Friday 14 January 2005 12.06pm
This was our flat in Metro Central Heights (2 bedrooms, 15th floor, north block) before we moved out last June:

Given the (sort of) central location, and the facilities here, I think we got good value for money (250/week).

The new flat is on the 13th floor, and whilst being a little less nice to look at, it benefits from more space than the other (due to lack of balcony eating into the side of the building) and it also benefits from the view and light that you get on a corner flat. And it's only 210/week (one bedroom).

Friday 14 January 2005 1.06pm
Thanks!
I am hoping to view one in Metro Central tomorrow although I emailed the estate agent yesterday and they haven't bothered to email back yet!
Friday 14 January 2005 2.03pm
sarahmc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks!
> I am hoping to view one in Metro Central
> tomorrow although I emailed the estate agent
> yesterday and they haven't bothered to email back
> yet!

Best to deal with estate agents by phone, some of them are completely and utterly useless when it comes to email. I really don't know why some of them bother with websites and emails if they don't bother responding to enquiries sent that way.
Friday 14 January 2005 2.39pm
Things have changed since the days when it was Alexander Fleming House. In my first London job I interviewed DHSS official in a corner office with a very similar view. IIRC he was responsible for "resettlement centres" - the successors to workhouses for tramps and other alcoholic claimants that were then still a cinderella part of the DHSS empire.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: