Looking to rent a two bedroom place

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 21 February 2005 5.01pm
Hello all

Have ventured inside this forum on the behest of a friend who has nothing but kind words for it.

So... I'm looking to rent a two-bedroom flat in and around Bermondsey/London Bridge/Tower Bridge from March 19/20th. If you know of anywhere, do let me know.

Thank you.
Tuesday 22 February 2005 12.57pm
We've moved around the area 3 times now, and we used a woman called Grainne (Gronyah) at Atkinson McLeod - she was most helpful and didn't show us rubbish, as were Field and Sons on Borough High Street, I'd give both of them a try if I were you.
Tuesday 22 February 2005 1.20pm
Williams Lynch in Bermondsey St are also great - very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Wednesday 23 February 2005 10.06am
You could also try Marlin Apartments - there is no agent involved with them, you are direct to the landlord's representative. Their number is 0207 236 4509.

Good luck flat hunting!
Thursday 24 February 2005 5.39pm

Most of the replies you have received have been referrals to estate agents in the area. I can refer you to a friend of mine who has a 2 Bed flat to let from April 6th onwards. It is located on Weston street within 5 minutes walk of London Bridge station. It is a very convenient and central location with many bars, restaurants, cafes, gym, Guys Hospital etc within short walking distances. It is a 2 double bedroom 2 bathroom (1 ensuite) flat that is currently let to professionals working at PWC and Ernst & Young, both of which are very close by. The reception is quite spacious. The flat is available at a rent of 325 per week. If you are interested in viewing it, please let me know and I will give you my friend's contact details.

Thank you,
Wednesday 2 March 2005 12.11pm
Hello MagsR

We hope that the forum will tolerate a lapsed SE1 resident, now over the border in SE16...

We have a two-bedroom flat in Rotherhithe (the leafy peninsula adjoining Bermondsey), available to rent for 800 pcm when we move at the end of the month.

The flat is excellently located, two minutes' walk from the tube and the river. It's on the third floor of a smallish, quiet post-war council block with lift. It has a light, spacious sitting room with balcony, and recently refurbished kitchen and bathroom. We've been very happy here, and are only moving because we need more space.

If you are at all interested, I can mail you some pictures and a floorplan.

Anyway, best of luck with your flat hunting!

Wednesday 2 March 2005 12.38pm
Ahhhhh! Aren't you touched by how nice and helpful everyone in SE1 is? Tell you, this is the place. You could look on our home website www.metrocentralheights.com (we are that huge blue and white block on the north roundabout of Elephant and Castle at the beginning of Newington Causeway). There are always flats to rent - it's a smashing place to live.
Thursday 3 March 2005 9.39am
I've found www.findaproperty.com to be a useful place to search, though not all agents keep their listings as up to date as they really should, and some don't seem to reply to emails or viewing requests.
Friday 4 March 2005 12.42am
I've head a few recommendations about Metro Central Heights. It looks like the back of the bus made in the ugly bus factory, but as place to live, well, MCH residents really like it - and after sneakily looking at their rezzie's barbecue photos, they genuinely look like they're liking it too :-)
Friday 4 March 2005 7.48am
Yes indeed, it's not perfect (Witherspoons and Nandos smell awful and the service charges are pretty steep) but it IS a great location and the security is spectacular. If you're a gym-and-pool person we have those, and having 24 porterage and parking is great. Pretty we ain't but look out for our new swishy lighting effects due to be installed any day by Elephant Liinks to highlight our Erne Goldfinger building (dont knock it, it's historic sixties urban grit architecture and to be respected!)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: