Looking for a Conveyancing Lawyer

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 March 2005 9.58am
Just put in an offer on a flat in Cinnamon Wharf which was accepted! So need to find a good conveyancing lawyer. I am first time buyer so can anyone recommend a lawyer/firm who is on the ball and priced reasonably?

Thanks!
Wednesday 9 March 2005 11.09am
Hi
I am close to exchanging contracts at the mo (first time buyer too) and I'm using Anthony Gold Solicitors, New London Bridge House, 25 London Bridge Street SE1 9TW.
www.anthonygold.co.uk
0207 940 4000
My sol seems pretty good so far- returns phone calls, sends things promptly, keeps me informed etc and also tolerates me obssessing on the phone about when things are going through due to first time buyer excitement!
Thursday 10 March 2005 9.53am
Hi sarahmc

Thanks for the recommendation, have left a message with them (they're all on a course today). Can you tell me a ballpark figure of the legal fees they quoted you?

Congratulations of nearly exchanging contracts - very exciting! We're bracing ourselves for anything that will go wrong (heard some horror stories). I don't think we'll even buy furniture until we move in!!

Thursday 10 March 2005 2.15pm
Of course, I forgot they were on a course today.
It's going to be a couple of hundred quid- they add the stamp duty onto that though.
Anonymous User
Thursday 10 March 2005 2.42pm
If your property is under 150K though you don't pay stamp duty in parts, if not all, of SE1 - keep an eye out for this!
Thursday 10 March 2005 2.49pm
I wonder if there are any flats in Cinnamon Wharf for under 150k
Anonymous User
Thursday 10 March 2005 2.53pm
Oooops! I hadn't noticed that bit!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: