Can anyone help with a good managing agent?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 14
Saturday 12 March 2005 1.07pm
I am looking for a good managing agent for my flats just on the edge of SE1, near Burgess Park. We have had two disasters in the past few years and are trying desparetly to find an agent that is reliable but does not charge the earth. 150 a unit is the norm I gather. I loved Rendall and Rittner from Wapping, but they are only taking on flats with a concierge! Any advice gratefully received!
Saturday 12 March 2005 5.17pm
As Ive said on another string....just stay away from Peverel, they are RUBBISH.
Saturday 12 March 2005 5.21pm
There have been several previous threads on this subject which may be worth reading - including:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 25 March 2005 2.34pm
Thanks for mentioning those, but I found a lot more was said about who not to approach rather than who is rated. I do have a meeting with Stonewalls lined up for next week, so hope they sound as good as some of the postings on here! So any more top recommendations gratefully received!
Friday 25 March 2005 6.49pm
Adding to the list of who to think carefully about, several of us at Skyline Court have had a series of long running disputes with White Druce & Brown.
Saturday 26 March 2005 7.37pm
I have mentioned it before, but I it might be worth giving Grainne at Atkinson McLeod a call - if I had investment property, I'd certainly use her - she has been the only real estate agent that I'd deal with again so far in London. I've got no connection other than being a satisfied customer, blah blah etc
Monday 4 April 2005 3.57pm
Do not ever use Marcus King - they are atrocious
Wednesday 27 April 2005 10.49am

Whilst doing a search for Marcus King on the web I came across the SE1 site and read the comments re Marcus King. I live in a block of flats in North London and we are having terrible trouble with Marcus King as our Managing Agents. We get bills from them which are not fully itemised and on two occassions have had to point out to them that they have been trying to charge us twice for the same services.

I am currently trying to build up a profile of their incompetance as the residents in our block are considering taking legal advice to see what steps can be taken to improve matters.

For years we have been asked to pay quarterly management fees bills which are not detailed and we never get sight of receipts for the services they say they have paid for. When I enquired about this some time ago they did send me some badly photocopied hand written invoices which were again not clear. Does anyone know what detailed accounts managing agents are required to provide to residents?

Any information on the standards of services provided by this company would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Thursday 28 April 2005 7.57am
Some of us are going to take up our grievances against Peverel at Lease in Old Street next week. They give legal advice and suggestions of how to attack these matters. These managing agents are notorious in their lack of transparency, their labarynthine finances, their biased tendering, etc. Can you imagine Peverel are asking me for just over SEVEN THOUSAND POUNDS A YEAR for the flat at the Elephant and Castle. It's not in Knightsbridge. We have no hot water or central heating. What can they possibly be charging me FOR? And they will not give me a straight answer.
Tuesday 3 May 2005 5.23pm

Please let us know how your meeting goes. We are also managed by Peverel and they are asking 60 flats to pay over 2500 each for some "interior decoration" done earlier this year. Apparently we had 35 days to oppose the quote at the time of the letter sent -but now it's too late.

The problem is that most people in the building are tenants and not the owners and therefore it is difficult to get a resident association together. What I want to know is:
a) Where are all these owners?
b) And don't they care about paying exhorbitant management fees for rubbish service?

Next time I will buy freehold!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 14

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: