Trying to find a house with a garden?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
mel
Thursday 7 July 2005 8.05pm
Hello, has anyone got any ideas when trying to find a house in this area with a garden, is it me or is it very difficult??
Any advice would be much appreciated. Is there anyone out there that knows anyone selling a house or has seen any houses for sale in this area? Thanks in advance.
Friday 8 July 2005 8.41am
FJ Lord has a couple of properties in Clements Road and Webster road that might be worth a look. Although the postcode is actually SE16, it is right on the border of SE1, these roads are in between Jamaica Road and Southwark Park road. I moved here about a year ago, and I found that I got a huge amount more for the money compared to what was available with a "desirable" SE1 post code.

http://www.fjlord.co.uk/properties/accommodation.asp?propid=566797&page=1

http://www.fjlord.co.uk/properties/accommodation.asp?propid=547726&page=1
Friday 8 July 2005 9.19am
Which estate agents have you contacted so far? Kalmars and Field and Sons have a house with a garden for sale in Grange Walk, and if you go to www.findaproperty.co.uk, you'll find several on there. (You can search specifically for houses on that site.)
Friday 8 July 2005 10.34am
If you look towards Kennington there are a number. Houses on Lambeth Road in particular have very long gardens. That said most houses in the area have what is termed 'patio gardens'.

It is worth trying the estate agents around Kennington Cross. I suspect you are more likely to get a garden in central SE1 if you look at ex-Council stock.

Most people I know looking for family housing with gardens go that bit further out to Stockwell. There are some really big gardens in Roads off Stockwell Park Crescent and Larkhall Lane. In particular streets like Broomfelde Road have lots of lovely family housing with good sized gardens. Plus good tube links.

Our solution was to buy opposite a park. Not perfect, but it was the only way we could afford short journey times, so more family time, and outside space.
Friday 8 July 2005 11.20am
Have a look in the Thorburn Square conservation area (Alma Grove, Balaclava Road, Lynton Rd etc.). I know of two house for sale. I live in Alma Grove and have a lovely garden with a patio, BBQ and nice lawn and flower beds. There are 2 houses for sale with Foxtons, about the 350k mark I think for a 3 bed Victorian terrace.

When you're in your garden you'd think it was the middle of the countryside, rather than in the middle of the big city.

It's a lovely area - loads of Chavs, pit-bulls, Burberry hats and dog poo but other than that, we like it!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: