Southwark Council major works charges

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Wednesday 2 January 2013 8.17am
Hi Pen

Did you get anywhere with taking your Major Works Charge to the LVT? I am also on St Saviours (Valois House)

Thanks

Pen wrote:
We are about to take our Major Works Charge to the LVT. Pen
Wednesday 2 January 2013 11.52pm
Hi Pen / millieh

I am also at st saviours/ Norman hse and have been given a 20k bill/estimate for the "warm dry and safe" refurbs.

This is nothing short of daylight robbery! How can the council justify so much spend?

Are there any other groups that are challenging the council?

Thanks
Tuesday 8 January 2013 12.27pm
I to have just received a 15k bill for major works on the St Saviours Estate and am totally outraged.

Is anyone planning to do anything to contest this?
Friday 25 January 2013 10.04am
chet7patel wrote:
I to have just received a 15k bill for major works on the St Saviours Estate and am totally outraged.
Is anyone planning to do anything to contest this?

Hi all,
My name is David Quaye. I along with Chet Patel and Brian Chen all live in St Vincent House on St Saviours Estate. We are trying to drum up support to question the major works planned for the block. Many leaseholders within all blocks in St Saviours estate are also trying to get support. If you are interested in hearing more please give me a txt, email or ring.
We need to find out who the leaseholders are, so will do a doorknock on 2nd Feb 2013 in an attempt to find out. Please get in touch asap.
Many thanks.
dnet10@hotmail.com
Thursday 5 February 2015 4.05pm
Andyintyers wrote:
It may be worth your while going through the breakdown of the actual accounts for the project in detail. The estimated major works programme for our estate was overstated by 20% per property due to inaccurate calculations of the total bill and points allocations for individual properties.

Hello, I got a 15k bill last year. How did you found out the inaccurate calculations?

Many thanks
Saturday 4 April 2015 12.10pm
Having sold our property 2 years ago, we have just been informed that the new owners are sueing us for outstanding bills for major works.
we had paid over 1000. which was the original estimate
for repairs.
however apparently the estimate was grossly under estimated and the renewed bill is for nearly 3000. more.
we were not made aware of the increases until after the flat was sold.
Our solicitor did not retain money for these extras
as he thought the time lapse was too great.
is it right for the council to not inform us of increases to major works bills as and when they are made aware?
would appreciate any input from others who may have experienced such gross negligence.

regards

Patrick Hanson
Monday 6 March 2017 12.20pm
I've just received a bill for the boiler replacement works in Eugene Cotter House, just under 4K for me as part if the 1.3 million Southwark paid for what was a shambolic job by Invicta and no end of finger pointing between them and OCO heating while the heating was off.

The council say the 36 month interest free offer is for resident leaseholders only and are prepared to offer a 12 month interest free only.

Has anyone else come up against this? It's news to me, I've paid for previous major works (lift replacements) using 36 months interest free. I question why the council are able to withdraw that offer now.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: