Metro Central Heights Flat Help

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 13 April 2006 9.51am
Hi,

I have just got a job in London and thus the only person I know in this big city lives in in Metro Central Heights.

I would like to get a flat in this building so I can at least have someone near I know and can show me the ropes, but the problem is, is that I'm really stumped to find anywhere available - is this a normal thing?

I am a young professional and all I keep getting recommended is GumTree, of which I can never find anything apart from two bedroom places etc

Anyone know of anywhere to look, anyone to speak to or at least help me in finding place in there?

I have a budget of 450+ pcm is this a reasonable amount for a place there?

Thanks for any help
Thursday 13 April 2006 10.18am
Have you looked on the MCH bulletin board?
http://www.metrocentralheights.com

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 13 April 2006 10.20am
Thursday 13 April 2006 10.54am
I live in MCH. I doubt if you can get much for 450 pcm. More like per WEEK! Although of course a studio would cost less than that. But I think you're being a bit optimistic. However, lots of people want a "sharer" and that you will probably get easily.
Thursday 13 April 2006 11.03am
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
I live in MCH. I doubt if you can get much for 450 pcm. More like per WEEK! Although of course a studio would cost less than that. But I think you're being a bit optimistic. However, lots of people want a "sharer" and that you will probably get easily.

Yeah 450+pcm was my starting point but is negotiable - I just need to find a place there and then go from that.

I wouldn't mind a share with someone, but again I can't actually find anyone who has a share in the building?

Anywhere they post these flat shares in MCH? Anyone on here in MCH need a flatmate?

James - yeah I have looked on the MCH bulletin board and also posted there to no avail :(

Thanks for all your help so far and I will look at the links provided.

I really would like to at least find some places - I have been mucked around so much by letting agencies with phantom properties :(
Thursday 13 April 2006 12.00pm
I have lived in London for a few years now and have always found
www.moveflat.com
really helpful. It has both shares and self contained accomodation. You may not necesarily find something in MCH but there are always plenty of shares in the SE1 area, London bridge, Borough High St etc so you could find somewhere near your friend.
Another good one is spareroom.co.uk
I lived in MCH a year back, and people often printed out a slip of paper stating that they were looking for a flat share, what they wanted to pay and contact details and put them in each letterbox. Maybe you could try that next time you visit your friend living there.
Good Luck!
Thursday 13 April 2006 2.07pm
Why dont you drop in to the desk at MCH and see if the staff know about any places going...they often do. Also, there is a notice board which has flat share thingys sometimes. OR...if you have a chum or two who would share with you I have a flat down the road you might like....will private message you.
Thursday 13 April 2006 2.13pm
Hi Daniel,
I'm also in MCH so I'll keep an ear out for you, when I used to flat share in London, I always found places through loot, so you could try there.

good luck!
Thursday 13 April 2006 2.50pm
I've seen quite a few 2beds to rent (I live in MCH too).
I saw a flatshare on the MCH bulletin board recently too.
Don't despair- its a popular and big block so things are always coming up.
I doubt you'll get anything for 450pcm though- maybe a room in a flat in MCH.
The flat share I saw on the BBoard was 560pcm- and my flatmate pays 500.
Good luck
Sunday 16 April 2006 9.58am
Hello again Daniel - I've just spotted a new add on the MCH website from someone with a room to rent in their flat.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: