Estate agents

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 8 May 2006 3.26pm
I can't believe there hasn't been a discussion specifically about estate agents for so long...

I want to move, and need to either sell or rent my flat, and would appreciate advice on which estate agent to use. Any recommendations?
Monday 8 May 2006 3.32pm
Just out of interest (possibly looking to buy...) what are you selling?

For what its worth - for recommendations the only one I have used is Alan Fraser who were OK, nothing more nothing less...
Monday 8 May 2006 4.00pm
I'm also about to start looking. I'd be interested to know if you are considering selling.
Monday 8 May 2006 4.04pm
Agents are horrible. All of them. Never met a good one. Try every single one in the area and see who seems "sympatico". He also will rip you off, but at least he may be nice-ish. Leave out Leonard Leese or Foxtons.
Monday 8 May 2006 4.19pm
STOP!!!!!

The real issue here is: how do we stop her Ladyship moving (unless she's moving into another place in SE1)?

...if you press it, they will come.
Anonymous User
Monday 8 May 2006 4.26pm
She's just trying to scare you, Ivanhoe!
Monday 8 May 2006 4.36pm
Don't worry - I want to stay in SE1. Actually, I'm considering moving to Metro Central Heights....
Monday 8 May 2006 4.56pm
Phew!

Now I can relax (because I don't live in MCH ;0)))

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 8 May 2006 5.13pm
When I moved to SE1 about 2 years ago we bought our house from an agency called 'Half a percent' (www.halfapercent.com) and i found them to be good and efficient, although I know it's quite different if you are selling, rather than buying. However, the man (James) was really polite and professional and he returned calls, kept promises etc. and generally seemed to know what he was doing and we didn't have any hitches.

I've never used them but I'd avoid Foxtons - dodgy practices.

I bought a BTL flat recently and it was sold via Savills - one agent was nice, the other (woman) a right stuck up northerner was just rude and abbrasive, so I'd avoid their Docklands office as she was just horrid.

Just to note, you don't actually need an estate agent as they don't do anything and as long as you are prepared to do some chasing, a simple solicitor-to-solicitor relationship works fine. You could advertise in Loot or in local shops etc. especially if what you're selling is desirable.
Monday 8 May 2006 5.19pm
Oh TLMJJ are you really thinking of moving to MCH...woweee how super. Cant wait. What sort of flat are you looking for? I will keep my ears open for things going in the block. Sarahmc has I think just sold hers. I'm not selling mine I fear. But we'll welcome you with open arms.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: