Help! Property buying in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 15 June 2006 12.03pm
Argh! I am fed up with trying to buy a flat already, and I've only been looking for a month.

If anyone on here has a two double bed flat (preferably with two bathrooms)between Tower Bridge Road and Waterloo for sale, please tell me. I'm certainly interested in MCH, despite the tales of hell with Peverel and St George. However, every time I try to look at a flat in there, it's just gone or the agents show me one with one double and one single bedroom, which is no good.

Please help!
Thursday 15 June 2006 2.51pm
I've got a 2 bed in MCH (no longer for sale) and initially when I viewd it it had a single bed in the 2nd bedroom.
I have put a 3/4 size bed in there- a small double with storage drawers under it and I also got a bespoke shelving unit to fit an awkward corner, plus a wardrobe chest of drawers and bedside table.
So, don't be put off by it appearing to be a single room.
My 2nd room is really nice now- yes, it's small but if you use the space cleverly it can be done.
And I rent it out as a double so like you, it was important for me to be able to make it a double.
Thursday 15 June 2006 10.35pm
You don't give a budget, but so long as you have no foibles about ex council properties, I can assure you that it is more than possible to buy a generously proportioned (no St George or whatever rabbit hutch) 2 bed, 1 bath (separate WC and if I wanted another bath it would not be difficult to engineer), 2 reception house, complete with sunny garden in about as quiet a location as is possible in this corner of the world for c.250,000. Field and Sons in Borough High Street is a good place to start. However, agents as far away as Kennington are worth checking out. I bought this place (Scovell Estate) years ago and I'd not even imagine moving now. I'd rather have all this space, friendly neighbours and the garden, than some shoebox in a new development.
Thursday 15 June 2006 10.55pm
Yeah, I'm looking at Ex LA properties as well and have no problem with that, but some of the estates I've seen have been poorly looked-after, or the neighbours look worrying, or the property has been snapped up. Very little seems to be coming on the market. Grrr. I can hit 275,000, but no more. Private developments around here are simply ridiculous prices now. So I'm being shown Ex LA flats for 220,000 and nothing else because after that the leap is to over 300,000. Grrr again.

I really like the flats in MCH, and the facilities, including the parking and the fact that it's in the congestion charge zone. I'm not enamoured of the fact that it's all electric, but that's about it. I'm starting to hanker after one now.
Friday 16 June 2006 10.47am
Try Alan Fraser in Kennington - they are pretty good in this market segment.

http://www.alanfraser.com/

No connection etc.

Regards,

Loafer
Friday 16 June 2006 2.14pm
Hi Hellsbells, I'm another MCh resident, and definately recommend it here, keep an eye on our website www.metrocentralheights.com people sometimes advertise on there. Otherwise have you tried all the online propery search sites? When I was looking last summer we used findaproperty, propertyfinder and rightmove, you set them up to email you whenever they get a relevant new property.

Good luck!

Kirsty
Sunday 18 June 2006 6.32pm
Hi Hellsbells :c) I've sent you a private message.
Monday 26 June 2006 5.52pm
a personal recomendation goes out to mr coleman at edwards estate agents, posibly the only 'professional' that i saw a property with, after seeing around 50 with every one from acorn to foxtons.
Monday 26 June 2006 9.50pm
Hi yes there is some new property just built on t b r on the roundabout end above London's builders shop.
Tuesday 27 June 2006 11.23am
Mr Coleman - don't touch him with a bargepole !!!! He is the estate agent who stood me and my boyfriend up,TWICE, when we were looking. He never phoned to cancel/ to say he was late or even to apologise...in fact he never contacted us again, despite us leaving countless (polite) messages. Every time I see an Edwards sign I'm amazed - how they stay in business with that kind of attitude...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: