House letting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 8 September 2006 10.01am
Dear all, I am about to do a bit of travelling and want to let out my one bedroom house in SE1 for 6 months-1 year. I'm considering using a letting agent, as its vital I cover that mortgage and not have any absconding tenants:-) I've done this before in Cumbria but these services seem really expensive in London and perhaps a bit of a rip-off. Has anyone got any advice, either as a tenant around here or as a "landlord"? Anyone you would recommend or any other methods of setting up a good tenant/landlord relationship. Advice etc much appreciated, Java
Friday 8 September 2006 10.57am
From a tenant's perspective, I'd recommend Yates Estates on the Walworth Road - they fully manage all their properties, so minimal stress for you, and they offer a very professional service. I can't comment on being a landlord, but as a tenant I have only good things to say about them! Wendy's the person to speak to, on 0207 703 3255. HTH!
Friday 8 September 2006 12.38pm
In one place we rented the landlady came to hand over keys herself and told us that we were welcome to call her if we couldn't get things done via the agent. The latter probably wouldn't work for you if you are travelling, but it was nice as a tenant to actually meet the owner.
Thursday 21 September 2006 12.51pm
Thanks for your replies both. Much appreciated-I think I'll check out Wendy,

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network