Wield Group plc aka "Stonedale" managing agents

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 17 September 2006 5.33pm
Anyone here had experience of this company? They are primarily property developers with a managing agent arm called "Stonedale". I understand they have taken over The Jam Factory from Angel.

Information much appreciated.

Sammy
Monday 18 September 2006 10.13am
Stonedale manage Tanners Yard on Long Lane and do a very good job - both in terms of administration and maintenance of the common areas.
Monday 18 September 2006 10.43am
They manage our block (Lion Court) on Shand Street, and have so far been very proactive and helpful compared to the last managing agent
Monday 18 September 2006 11.47am
Why do you ask Sammy?

Are you a concerned resident?

I live at the JF and have generally heard good things about them but if you know differently, please tell.

Toby
Monday 18 September 2006 2.57pm
Thanks for the replies.

Toby - would you class the JF as a large complex site? How have Stonedale faired so far with you?

Thanks

Sammy
Tuesday 19 September 2006 10.37am
Not sure about "large complex site". We have some 300 residents in c200 flats and have fairly exacting requirements around security, access and maintenance. I don't suppose we're more complex than other self-contained sites of this size though.

Stonedale have only been on-board for a couple of months and have had a hard time getting to grips with everything which is needed to be done. Consequently, we haven't yet seen radical changes but I am hopeful (from experiences of friends in Limehouse) that they will prove to be an effective managing agent.
Tuesday 19 September 2006 3.44pm
Toby

Thanks for the reply. How have they been on their site visits? At what frequency do they visit? Do you have caretaker type of individual at The JF that looks after the day-to-day?

Any experience of how good they are at project work? It would be very useful to know what approx rate they are charging you? Greater than 250 per flat??

cheers
Sammy
yas
Thursday 21 September 2006 2.32pm
SammyDavis, I'd be interested to know a bit more how you got round to obtaining a new management company. Any advice would be welcome since we are with Peverel and they are ripping us off.

Anytime they do work to the building (every 5 years) they charge us 3x over what it should cost. This time I have learnt the lesson and am seeking external quotes for the work to counter their estimate.
Friday 22 September 2006 12.54pm
Stonedale are the managing agents for our building (Boss House), and have done an excellent job since the took the building over after a number of years of serious mismanagement by Equity.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: