Theatre View, Short Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 January 2007 9.20am
Hi, is there anyone else on who subscribes to SE1 waiting for the Theatre View apartments to be completed? The development is past a year overdue and I am wondering if I will ever actually move in. What a shambles.

Clare
Monday 15 January 2007 10.49am
Clare
I've been curious about these for a while - were they ever on sale, if so when and did they go on the open market? They appear to be in a state of stagnation.
Monday 15 January 2007 11.17am
Hi, yes I think they are all sold now - through Knight Frank. I bought one off plan a year ago, exchanged contracts in April 06 and was supposed to complete before end July 06!

It has been a nightmare.
Monday 22 January 2007 9.09am
Some friends of mine who have also bought a flat there were told they were due for completion in October. I'll ask them if they have any news?

I live just around the corner and can see the building but you are right work seems to have slowed down. In fact work seemed to slow down once they opened the church hall. Perhaps they had a penalty clause?
Monday 22 January 2007 9.49am
Hi folks!

My partner and I are also in the process of trying to buy an apartment too……….. we started way back in April!..... so not that long compared to some of you!

Well, its been a royal pain in the behind admittedly, but I am confident we are nearly there. In a previous life I worked for a firm of architects, so I feel convinced that we are on the last leg and Feb / March for completion is realistic I think… legals depending…

We too were expecting to be in by August…. So we find ourselves preparing for our annual ski trip with flip-flops and shorts…hmmm.

I have a pretty good relationship with the developer and contractor, and my gut feel is that all is fine its just ‘one of those things'….. Why I'm so pragmatic I have no idea…. Calm before the storm as they say….!....

It's all been a bit ‘hard on the nerves' really….

Great views though!
Monday 22 January 2007 10.38am
Update.....The developers are waiting for the church to release the head lease to them so the under leases can be released in turn to the purchasers. Until the Church are happy with their parts of the building this will not happen. Also the snagging lists have to be addressed before completion can take place, to my knowledge these works hav not started yet.
Monday 22 January 2007 11.10am
Snagging should start this week! So I am told……

Which floor are you??? I've been told floors 1 and 2 are snagged and waiting for release... 3rd floor and penthouses are pending snagging…… if the contractors pull their fingers out there is really only a couple of weeks work…..
Wednesday 18 April 2007 2.28pm
Hi

We bought a flat at Theatre View last June (so not as long as some of you!) expecting completion by end of August. The latest we have heard is mid-May, although i'm not sure what state the snagging is in. We went round to look on Sunday and there is still scaffolding on the back flats and the front hallway is still like a building site. As far as i'm aware there has been little work done over the last few months. Hopefully we're nearly there though...
Tuesday 24 April 2007 7.55pm
I'm also a frustrated buyer of a flat at Theatre View. Just to update everyone, the building failed the original NHBS test of the windows, which was held sometime in late February. The developers had to remediate the problem, which involved stripping off the facia, resealing the windows and then retesting. The front of the building was retested on Friday 30 March and I believe it passed (typically, there has been no confirmation of this). They are now remediating the back of the building for the same problem and that will also have to be retested, hopefully before the end of April.

Latest word on completion is early to mid May... but I'll believe it when I see it.

We did the initial snagging of our unit, which is on the first floor, back in October. I have asked to be allowed in to update the list and check the workmanship, but do not expect to be allowed in until the work with the windows is done.

If you want to contact the developers for an update try the following:
jeffshapiro@nuhomesuk.com
chrishall@nuhomesuk.com

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: