Which Estate Agents are the most effective?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 July 2003 10.18pm
Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences on which estate agents are the most effective in selling properties in the SE1 area, specifically around the Tower Bridge Road/Shad Thames/Bermondsey area ?

When we went into Chestertons a while ago, the person in charge of that area kept us waiting 15 mins on a phone call, without acknowledging our presence, so we upped and left..

Cluttons seem to be shifting property at the moment, CHL are very active and Felicity Lord we don't know about.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Post edited (15 Jul 03 23:19)
Tuesday 15 July 2003 10.21pm
Whilst it will be interesting to hear up-to-date experiences with local estate agents, this epic thread from a year ago might make an interesting read:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/2477

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 16 July 2003 7.43am
Thanks James...

That was a lively thread. One or two helpful recommendations and a real eye-opener on one self-satisfied ex-agent who showed stunning contempt for both buyers and sellers.

He certainly confirmed my convictions that the most aggressive London estate agents are like City traders. They both have a barrowboy mentality / background and neither need to pass exams or get written qualifications to set up in business. They are basically only interested in turning a fast buck.

The best estate agents in my experience are in Hong Kong.
They provide an all-round service to both buyer and seller, whilst doing the hardest sell you have ever seen. Very impressive and fast. Since the economy there is based on property development, estate agents have to be good, because the competition is fierce.

Let's watch out for the undercover contributions from agents in this thread...

Post edited (16 Jul 03 09:01)
Wednesday 16 July 2003 11.17pm
ME! ME! ME!

I'm effective!

Hmm... that wasn't very undercover at all was it?

Although I'd venture I managed selfish and exhibitionist with considerable - some might say enviable - deftness.

Oui? Non?
Thursday 17 July 2003 3.59pm
None of them! We just used halfapercent.com to sell; two good things about them

1. They charge only half a percent commission (!)
2. As soon is someone is interested in your property you are encouraged to swap numbers with them to arrange viewings, conduct negociations, etc. direct with the interested party without getting any middle-man agent in the way with all their bull.

I don't think many of us will be sad to see the traditional Estate Agency business collapse...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: