Maxim Properties at Weston Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 March 2007 9.45am
Hi,

I'd be interested to hear what other people's experience is of Maxim Properties on Weston Street in Bermondsey.

I live in one of the flats they are managing and have had a really bad experience from the start. They treat me as a piece of sh..t and appear to have absolutely no interest whatsoever in providing value for the money I'm paying in rent. They don't respond to any questions, concerns or requests - some of theam real urgent and important. They also don't respect my right for privacy in my home. The guy who I understand is managing the place has a really sour and aggressive attitude and refuses to take any calls. The list of their shortcomings, failures, rudeness and lack of interest in treating me respectufully, being one of their tenants, is really endless and the list of unresolved issues equally long.

I've heard from some people that their main landlord has taken the extreme measure to bring the managing of his flats in-house because the tenants are so incredibly frustrated and logging so many complaints with unresolved issues piling up.

Any other with similar or other experience and any advice how to deal with it? It's just getting too much now and not sure how to deal with. Is there anything I can do?

LZ
Sunday 25 March 2007 6.48pm
I symphathize totally. I am in one of the flats whose managment was taken in-house by the landlord. Maxim were unhelpfull and never properly resolved any issues with property. Their response to a leaking bath/shower was not to get water on the glass shower screen when having a shower!

I'm afraid there is little you can do. It wouldn't advise witholding rent as you can be evicted for that. You should have 24 hrs notice of a visit to a property but you may find there is a clause in your leas that states otherwise (mine did). Sadly the only thing you to escape is move on when your lease expires.
Monday 26 March 2007 12.37pm
I rented a flat in Long Lane in 2005/2006 managed by Maxim Properties. I agree with every point in the other posts here and strongly advise to avoid dealing with them.

- They are extremely slow to perform maintenance and do not return phonecalls.

- They don't respect the tenant's right to private enjoyment. As soon as we gave our notice to vacate they would bring prospective tenants into the flat without knocking.

- They charged us for professional cleaning and never produced a receipt despite weeks of requests.

They seem to go through staff very quickly which says something.
Monday 26 March 2007 3.48pm
Do you have the details for the owner of the property? These should be on the contract you signed for the flat, as they are the other party in the agreement. You could try contacting them direct - they are the ones who are paying the agency to manage their property so probably won't be too impressed that their money is being wasted...
Wednesday 28 March 2007 9.50am
Thank you... you saved me a visit. I have been living in snowsfields the last couple of years and loved it, but just heard from my landlord that she is selling up. grrr. anyone know of any decent 1 bedroom flats going in the area?! Or good estate agents/ landlords? Thanks.
Wednesday 28 March 2007 11.43am
I recommend Williams Lynch. They handle a lot of the properties in the Trinity Church Sq area.

I have also rented through Leonard Leese and had no problem.
Wednesday 28 March 2007 1.41pm
Cheers pats_mcc. I'll check em out.
Sunday 15 April 2007 8.26pm
Luckily the management of my flat has been moved from Maxim to the landlord's company now. Apparantly they did this as they started to realise how mismanaged their flats had been by Maxim as issues and complaints from their tenants had been reaching massive proportions. Heard that literally all 65=70 flats had had extremely bad experience with issues like:

- No action taken on reparis/maintanance requests

- Walking into peoples flats without giving noticed, knocking etc and in general totally disresoecting tenants' right to privace in their homes

- Handing out keys to flats to workers and other agents left right and center so people feel unsafe in their homes

List goes on and one. Sad that a company like Maxim is tainiting the rep of other more serious agents and landlord and the area itself.

The landlord's people have been great and are addressing all the issues that Maxim has completely ignored for a long period of time.
Friday 9 May 2008 8.55am
The reason maxim Property go through staff quite quickly is because we have high standards and want a professional job done, and unfortunately people come accross very well in an interview but don't perform to the standard we require.
Wednesday 28 May 2008 8.18am
Strikes me then that it could also be down to poor interviewing skills and a failure to take up references properly....and if the problems reached such a level surley the management should also be aware of how the comapny was performing....i would have thought feedback was extreemley important for lettings agents....this sounds like a very weak excuse JG.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: