The Tanneries - other buyers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 April 2007 8.04pm
I'm posting to enquire about whether there are any other (prospective) buyers of flats at The Tanneries on Long Lane.

My husband and I are buying a flat there, and are trying to figure out what other buyers are doing about the ongoing (astonishing) delays.

I'd potentially be interested in arranging for some sort of mailing list to keep up to date about what is going on -- if any other buyers are out there and interested in getting in touch?

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Laurel Mittenthal
Wednesday 9 May 2007 4.52pm
Hello Laurel!

Just this weekend, my partner and I were wondering how to get in touch with other buyers. We are very interested in communicating with other buyers at The Tanneries. How should I get in touch with you?

For other readers:
Information/service provided by Kalmars has been amateurish and unprofessional. I would avoid this agency.

If anyone else has information on the development at The Tanneries on Long Lane please post on this thread.

Many thanks,
Robert Hutchinson
Wednesday 9 May 2007 5.37pm
Have you seen their website? The Tanneries
Wednesday 9 May 2007 6.11pm
Hi Rob

Great to hear from you. My husband and I would be very happy to discuss this situation off the board, as it has gotten completely of control, and we've been wondering what kind of options there are going forward. We share your opinion of Kalmars too.

Perhaps you could email me on
mittenthal at gmail dot com (replacing 'at' with '@' and 'dot' with '.') and we can take it from there? I'm a bit reluctant to post my mobile number on here.

I will look forward to hearing from you then!

Laurel Mittenthal
Wednesday 9 May 2007 6.39pm
Robert: just noticed that I had called you Rob, having read that in your username; my apologies! Will look forward to hearing from you as I said.

LM
Wednesday 9 May 2007 8.23pm
Hi Laurel - pls see the email I sent you. Thanks for making the effort!

Thanks Henry for the link to the sales website.

Robert
Wednesday 23 May 2007 2.24pm
To Laurel and Robert!

My name is Ayesha and I am very happy i found some more buyers of the tanneries!

I have never had such a bad experience with any estate agents or developer before in my life. I am very disturbed and upset since I have now been waiting 1 year to move into my flat. They originally promised to finish last year in june and now it is comming up to a whole year. It is very unprofessional and unfair, the developers seem to have no respect for their customers. Most of all, I feel it is absurd the way they keep chaning the completion date every few hours, it just shows they have no idea what they are doing!

I would really like to keep in touch with you both. I think i have already emailed Laurel ( i hope you dont mind since you gave your email address) I would be happy to give both of you my contact details via e-mail.

I think we need to really get together and do something about this!
Wednesday 30 May 2007 9.16pm
Hi all, I will contact you by email as well as this post. I have bought a flat in the Tanneries (through City & Urban estate agents as it was "flipped" by another investor who didn't want to complete on it).
I too am disappointed by the constant delays - I visited the flats today and there is no power etc, and there are still quite a few snags with my flat, and I was told completion was meant to happen on 1st June?

Let's take this to email!

Thanks

Antony
Thursday 31 May 2007 11.20am
Hi Antony

Do contact me via email then - lots more to relate off the board (including a legal explanation of why the 1st June date is misleading - actual completion i.e. getting the keys looks set to be w/c 18th June).

My address again is mittenthal at gmail dot com.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Laurel Mittenthal

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: