Lewes House, Druid Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 8 May 2007 10.34am
I am thinking about buying a 2 bed flat in this block. Does anyone have any knowledge about the condition of the block or any other relevant info?

Thanks
Wednesday 9 May 2007 4.38am
built in the 1950's and recently saved from demolition in a mad regeneration scheme - usual 9 storey block of 'luxury flats', refurbished externally with new windows, entrance doorway security, cladding and garden upgade. no new works chargeable to leaseholders are currently planned. there are several leaseholders in this public housing block. managed by the tenants management organisation fair street housing who are crap at maintenance and estate cleaning.
your neighbours will largel be public housing tenants in a reasonablyn quiet and peaceful neigbourhood - if only they'd stop holding events in poters field park!
Wednesday 9 May 2007 8.16am
I live in the block next to Fair Street at St Olaves, been here for 4 years and it's great! The blocks are fine, quiet as kellandj says, and you really can't go wrong with the location.

Fair Commmunity Housing are actaully ok, and quite responsive to any reports of maintenacnce, littering, graffiti, etc.
Wednesday 9 May 2007 8.28am
Thanks for this very helpful info. I'm still not sure about prices. They are asking 299k for the flat but this sounds high to me. Any thoughts?
Tuesday 4 March 2008 4.47pm
I am looking for a Flat in the Lewes House.
Does anybody know if there is a 2 or 3 bed flat in the Lewes House For Sale?
Tuesday 4 March 2008 8.11pm
There was a 3 bed sale for their quite recently for about 380k. Don't know whether it's still available.
Monday 28 April 2008 10.31am
I am looking to buy in Lewes House or St Olaves Estate or on Fair Street?

Does anyone know of any for sale?

I noticed one fo the properties on the ground floor was boarded up does anyone know anything about this?

I'd like to live there?

Mathew
Monday 5 January 2009 7.42pm
Hello
There will be an immaculate 3 Bed Flat ground floor flat in Lewes House for sale in the next year I think. Can't say when but thought I would let people know.. I'll keep you posted.

:-):-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: