Property Search consultants

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 11 May 2007 12.11pm
Anyone on the forum ever used one? I'm considering to use one, but would like to know what others' experiences are before even contacting them....
Friday 11 May 2007 3.11pm
How much are you planning to spend on the house? And whereabouts?
Friday 11 May 2007 4.55pm
Preferably SE1, 2 bedroom flat, does not have to be in fab condition, but needs to be habitable (my brother is already planning to come over and he's quite handy to say the least). 1 bath fine but guest wc would be nice. Up to 400.

Noticed yours is sold? Recognised it (from the link you posted) in the estate agents window on TBR
Friday 11 May 2007 6.00pm
Have you looked at the usual suspects (rightmove, findaproperty, primelocation) and registered with all the local estate agents?

Property finders will charge min 1% of the value - do you really want to spend 4k on this?

Do you have a preference as to where you want to be within SE1. There are some interesting new devs in Bermondsey...

Saturday 12 May 2007 5.54pm
I really don't see the point. Had you said 5m, Hampshire, then yes, fine - on the basis that you were partner in a top law firm and had more money than time for househunting across a large swathe of the country.

However... what do you really think a property finder would do for you that you cannot do yourself on the 'net? There are currently 41 two-bed flats between 300,000 and 420,000 in SE1 that are up for sale on (although some of them are listed with two agents, so it may be fewer than that). There's even one in Metro Central Heights with Field & Sons. The new development on Willow Walk being sold by Frank Harris looks *very* good value indeed at a mere 400 per square foot - giving you a three bed flat for your budget. It's off plan, but due for completion very soon.

I hereby offer you my services at house buying. And yes, I have indeed managed to flog my house.
Saturday 12 May 2007 7.20pm
Good grief, Mapmaker, give the girl a break. It was a simple query and doesn't merit your scolding response!
Saturday 12 May 2007 9.05pm

I have picked out a bargain off-plan flat for Tattie at 400 psf, in her price range and size and in SE1. Flats in the Alaska - which is not 100 yards from Willow Walk are 500-600 psf. New-build (very high spec, for what that is (not) worth) flats in Griggs Place (maybe 250 yards away) are 700 psf. And you think I'm scolding? - trying to save her a few thousand more like!

<bugger trying to be helpful>
Sunday 13 May 2007 7.11pm
I think Mapmaker's response was very helpful - the Willow Walk dev he pointed out was one of the ones I had in mind...good value relatively speaking and a good location.
Monday 14 May 2007 9.18am
I've looked at Willow Walk (since there seem to be a lot of flats still available in there) but have not gone around there to have a look, but it is one of the properties on my list and will be calling them today. Indeed I have looked at all the usual sites on the web, but interestingly enough whenever I phone the estate agent, they are either under offer or sold. In addition, I really do not have the time to go around looking at properties that you can either not get in because the estate agent has forgotten to ask permission from the tennant, or is completely not as advertised.
Monday 14 May 2007 4.31pm
I had this article bookmarked for the handyman links but it also lists property finders and gives an idea of their fees.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: