Looking for an ex local authority flat near Bermondsey St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 July 2007 10.30am
Hi everyone,

I have read this forum for a while and it's good to see such a lively community talking about local issues.

I would like to move into the area around Bermondsey Street and was wondering if anyone had any tips or could recommend particular areas? I can only afford ex local authority and am looking for a good sized 1 bed/ideally a 2 bed.

I've read a thread from someone wanting to rent in the area so know about speaking to neighbours and checking out the area at night etc.

If anyone is selling a place,or knows of someone selling please let me know.

Thank you,

Laura
Monday 2 July 2007 11.22am
there was a 3 bed in Eastwell house two weeks ago..just off long lane..275...
Monday 2 July 2007 5.40pm
Hi Laura,

What is your budget and how far away from Bermondsey St. would you be prepared to be? There is a cracking ex-local two bed duplex for sale opposite my house with a 122 year lease and low service charge for 205k. It's a 10 minute walk to Bermondsey St.

Chris
Monday 2 July 2007 8.18pm
Thanks for your replies. My budget is 200-210k, and Chris, I would definitely be interested - please could you let me know the street that it's on and further details?

Thank you very much,

Laura
Monday 2 July 2007 8.31pm
Laura,

Here is a link to the relevant page on findaproperty:

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=466946&agentid=03020

It's on Balaclava Road which is, as I mentioned, about a 10 minute work to Bermondsey St. and very near a huge Tesco on OKR (of questionable quality, but convenient nonetheless!). If you want any more info on the area and the block (I live opposite it), send me a private message and I can fill you in.

Chris

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: