Wanted - flat to rent

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 24 July 2007 2.23pm
I'm trying to find a two double bedroomed flat to rent, with secure parking, and have registered with lots of agents but there doesn't seem to be much around at the moment and what is around goes very quickly! We currently rent a one bedroom flat in Old Theatre Court on Park Street and would love to stay around there in the Bankside area, but we're also considering Shad Thames. We're a professional, non-smoking couple, and can afford up to 425 a week. Can anyone help us?
Monday 30 July 2007 10.24pm
dont know if there is any interest but i know of a four bedroom house with a garden across the road from u, on park st, that is going to be marketed in 6-8 weeks time. asking 700pw but high spec modern finishes post a refurb.
Tuesday 31 July 2007 8.52am
Thanks Lulu, but as lovely as that sounds, it's way over our budget. Thanks for letting me know though.

We're still looking if anyone else knows of anything suitable!
Tuesday 31 July 2007 10.01am
If you're considering Shad Thames, would you stretch as far as Rotherhithe? There's usually loads there roughly matching your description and in your price range.
Tuesday 31 July 2007 10.53am
For the moment we're only looking in the Bankside/Shad Thames areas, but if it looks like we're not going to be successful in our search, we may well consider other areas such as Rotherhithe. Funnily enough, i've just received the details of a house in Elephant Lane that sounds nice and is way below our budget. It might be worth a look i guess :-)

Thanks for your help everyone!
Tuesday 31 July 2007 12.38pm
Am sure all the agencies such as Stirling Ackroyd and Williams Lynch are falling over themselves to help you? Have you considered a large open plan living area around 1200sq ft rather than two separate bedrooms? There must be loads of ideal properties for you within Bermondsey Street and/or Bankside....
Tuesday 31 July 2007 12.54pm
We haven't been offered anything in Bankside at all that meets our budget, despite the fact that i've registered with what seems like no end of agents, including all the big ones.

I have noticed a few flats availably in Bermondsey Street, but, other than going to The Garrison on a fair few occasions, i don't know the area as well as i know Bankside and Shad Thames and wasn't sure what it would be like to live there. I think i read something on the forum last year about someones girlfriend getting attacked on her way home to Bermondsey Street one evening in the winter, and whilst i know this can happen anywhere i guess it made me a bit wary. Perhaps it's another area i should consider seriously.
Tuesday 31 July 2007 3.01pm
I've been living on Bermondsey Street (well a mews just off Bermondsey Street) for 18 months now and love it. I've never felt unsafe at night or during the day. Its lovely and peaceful on the weekend and buzzy during the week. There is a another thread on this with other opinions on the street (both good and bad) but all in all its fab place to live.
Wednesday 1 August 2007 10.49am
It's a great place to live. I just don't understand why anybody would want to travel in order to visit it on a Saturday.
Thursday 2 August 2007 1.25pm
I live just off Bermondsey St too and it's great. So handy for London Bridge Station as well. Great mix of people - long-time locals, young professionals, young doctors and nurses from Guys, local tradespeople and social housing - it all seems to gell quite well.

Leathermarket Garden is pretty if you like to see some 'green' around.

I often get back from meetings/work late at night and have never even felt worried walking round there. Obviously sometimes things happen - but you find that everywhere. I don't think Bermondsey Street is anymore dangerous than Shad Thames to be honest.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: