Recommendations for SE1 renting

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 5 August 2007 6.01pm

I'm currently living in the wonderous yuppie wasteland of Rotherhithe and having to move soon. I was pondering finding somewhere a bit closer to work (Blackfriars) - and I wondered if anyone had any recomemndations / horror stories / whatnot. Basically just an idea of which bits to avoid and which bits to go for.. somewhere I can get to work pretty quickly but not necessarily get stabbed for my spare change. Was pondering Elephant, but anywhere around that area or Bermondsey would be ideal.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sunday 5 August 2007 7.07pm
What's your budget?
Sunday 5 August 2007 7.12pm
Well, I don't have a fixed limit, but I was pondering max 800 pcm, preferably less (obviously!). Don't mind a studio.
Sunday 5 August 2007 7.22pm
I just did a search on findaproperty at 800/month max and not much came up. Increase the budget to 850/month and your options open up a bit more.

See here

On the issue of safety, I generally feel very safe in SE1 so I wouldn't say there is a list of areas to avoid. However, when looking at flats, make sure you are happy with the surrounding area and, if in doubt, try to speak to neighbours, etc.

Good luck.
Sunday 5 August 2007 7.23pm
Sorry, James, my link seems to have messed the page up!
Tuesday 7 August 2007 11.19am
if you have a fear of being mugged then there is only one real option for someone like you: move out of London! I hear the Shetland Islands are pretty cheap!
Wednesday 15 August 2007 12.00am
Blackfriars area is good - seems to be a pocket away from the surrounding bad bits. If you are north of St Georges Circus, north of the Aylesbury Estate in Walworth, closer to say Imperial War Museum, Blackfriars Road, it is pretty good. Transport to everywhere and Covent Garden/city within walking/cycling distance.
Wednesday 15 August 2007 10.01am
I have a small studio available for 866 per month, where emphasis should be put on /small/ in Brook Drive (the E&C end). I don't think there's much room for negotiation on this one, but PM me if you want a viewing.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: