Advertising local property

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 October 2007 10.19am
Hello. I have a property in the area for rent, and was wondering what the best way to advertise it was? Back in the day, I used to use Loot, but this seems to be less popular than it once was, probably due to that there interweb. Agencies charge an extortionate 10% finder's fee (which amounts to roughly a grand for a couple of hours' work. nice work if you can get it.) How are people advertising locally (SE1/London)? Or are there any recommended local agencies?

Apologies if this comes across as an implicit advert. I am not describing the property in order to avoid such accusations!

cheers.

-D.
Monday 8 October 2007 12.27pm
Try Gumtree, it seems more popular than Loot.
Monday 8 October 2007 12.28pm
Gumtree is a popular choice for seeking and advertising rental properties (I suppose it's like a modern take on Loot) but like many routes these days I hear your ad will attract agencies trying to get you to place it with them. Likewise some of the properties advertised for rent can be spam posted by estate agents.

As ads in Loot are free there's nothing to lose in advertising there but some time.
Monday 8 October 2007 3.41pm
yeah - i've looked at gumtree, but there's not much there really. might have to go with one of the evil agents.
Monday 8 October 2007 3.56pm
In order to rent out rooms, I used SpareRoom.co.uk and Easyroommate.com, but they probably aren't suitable for flats as a whole. I also used Loot, but got absolutely nothing from it. You have to pay for the advert, and prospective tenants have to pay to see the advert in the first three days online, so no one bothers to look at it nowadays.
Monday 8 October 2007 5.21pm
I advertise in various places which cost nothing and get good responses as well as decent tenants.

If you want to contact me then I can give you some advise and details.

Ps. This is not a commercial response even though I am a property manager.

Terry
Monday 8 October 2007 6.54pm
hi dimitrid,

im looking for a place to rent around this area. there seems to be a shortage for it. i always look on www.london-flat-rental.co.uk or ppl who are looking for a flatshare look on www.spareroom.co.uk

my email is rein.estigoy@gmail.com
what is your property?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: