Council Tax single occupancy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 21 October 2007 2.36pm
I am trying to find out if I qualify for the 25% discount on Council Tax. My Partner lives with me 4 days a week and at his parents home the other 3 (due to work). He is registered on the electrol role at his parents.

Do I qualify for the 25%?

Any thoughts would be great!

Sunday 21 October 2007 3.03pm
Seems unlikely - unless your partner also falls into one of the categories listed at:
Monday 22 October 2007 8.00am
You should call Southwark / Lambeth council, whichever it is, they''ll be able to tell you I'm sure.
Monday 22 October 2007 9.39am
I doubt it

I am separated and live alone

Tut the direct debit comes from a joint account - thats enough for the council to refuse single occupancy status!

I refuse to give up the joint account until the settlement is sorted and in the mean time insist that if I must pay half her rates she can pay half of mine!
Monday 22 October 2007 10.56am
As far as I know, if you have a partner living with you for 3 nights a week or more, then that is classed as living with you.
but it could be more than 3 nights ??
so yeah, phone CT dept as suggested.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network