Management Companies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 30 October 2003 9.57am
Am looking for contacts for good building management companies locally in SE1 for a small block of flats, anyone have any recommendations?
Thursday 30 October 2003 10.24am
Not a recommendation, but one to definitely AVOID - "Capital Property Management" - totally ineffective, overcharge, dodgy accounting, you name it. They used to the agents at the Maidstone Buildings until they were sacked. They are currently using Hawksworth, though I moved out shortly after they were appointed, so I can't vouch for how good they are.
Thursday 30 October 2003 2.02pm
on that topic, does anybody know what to do if your management company is really rubbish ? ours is Prior Estates although not based in SE1 they manage some small blocks in SE1. I haven't heard from them for 10 months, and they still haven't billed me correctly for last (!) years service charges, let alone arranged any repairs or maintenance.
Thursday 30 October 2003 2.12pm
Abel - this website has info about what you can do:

http://www.lease-advice.org/
Thursday 30 October 2003 5.02pm
Sorry to be negative too, but another one to avoid is White, Druce and Brown based in Marylebone but who manage our SE1 block - the way some of them treat residents is unbelievably bad, and getting anything done through them is almost impossible.
Thursday 30 October 2003 5.30pm
They manage my block too, and they are unbelieveably inefficient (and expensive.) We're trying to get rid of them....

Post edited (30 Oct 03 17:33)
Friday 31 October 2003 8.56am
Thanks for all your who-to-avoid tips, much appreciated. It makes you wonder if there are any companies out there that do a good honest job as far as managing blocks of flats goes...
Monday 3 November 2003 9.21am
definitely avoid Marcus King as well, they know every legal loophole.

[message edited by website editor]
Monday 3 November 2003 11.40am
We're trying to replace our managing agent currently too - currently Equity Asset Management. I believe that they are part of the same group as Capital Property Management (CPM) - I've heard some bad stories about this lot too.

We have asked White Druce & Brown to tender, as they do manage a lot of 'upmarket' buildings in the SE1 area. My have to think again now.

ARMA has a website, with listings of firms that cover our area: www.arma.org.uk. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many!
Monday 3 November 2003 11.59am
does anyone know what percentage of owners are needed to agree, in order to boot out a dodgy management company? and can it be tenants instead of owners?

Wishing very much we can some people-power going in our block.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: