Welcome to the Property section

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 May 2008 9.05am
By popular demand, welcome to this new forum section for discussion of buying, selling, renting, letting and managing property in SE1.

Talk about house prices, agents, the state of the market etc.

It is brought to you in association with SE1 Relocation. Oliver of SE1 Relocation will be acting as an expert guide here in the property section

NB: This section is NOT intended for advertising specific properties for sale or to let.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 1 May 2008 9.43am
On behalf of SE1 Relocation Limited I would like to follow James in welcoming you all to the brand new Property forum.

I am sure that over the coming weeks and months, this dedicated Property forum will become the definitive source for expert advice and guidance on all property related matters in London SE1, and I am delighted that SE1 Relocation Limited has the opportunity to be an integral part of that success.

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Thursday 1 May 2008 10.13am
I don't know whether this applies to se1 relocation or not, and apologies for posting it if it does not.

Best wishes.
Thursday 1 May 2008 10.49am
No apology necessary. Fortunately this does not apply to the SE1 Relocation logo as this is an initiative across the Westminster borough and not Southwark. It is however a situation that we shall be monitoring to ensure that we stay within the boundaries of copyright law.

The Boss,
SE1 Relocation Ltd
E: oliver@se1relocation.com
W: http://www.se1relocation.com
Thursday 1 May 2008 11.31am
Great idea for a subforum!
Thursday 1 May 2008 2.52pm
This site is fast becoming the SE1 Relocation website.

Now we see the real reason for that outrageous PR piece the other week masquerading as an insightful interview with Oliver Herington.
Thursday 1 May 2008 4.27pm
Did you really doubt that SE1 relocation had paid for that piece, Beowolf?
Thursday 1 May 2008 4.55pm
I am pleased that we are kept on our toes by discriminating readers/users, but given the explicit allegation of "cash for coverage" I feel I should make a few things clear for the avoidance of any misunderstanding:

- We don't run advertorials. If we ever did, they would be clearly labelled as such.

- Oliver approached us last year about running a feature/business news item on his new business. Given that a) he's a local resident and b) the area of operation of his business is the same as that of this website, it seemed a good fit. SE1 Relocation was on our features planning list some time before any talk of collaborating on this property section came up.

- I wish we were a big enough organisation to have a rigid demarcation between editorial and sales/commercial activity. Personally I don't at all enjoy selling ads and doing commercial deals.

- However, I am always clear when I talk to advertisers that they can't automatically expect editorial coverage from us on the back of it, though it undoubtedly happens in other publications.

- Whilst I wouldn't by any means claim the piece we ran on SE1 Relocation was our finest moment of investigative journalism, I maintain the inclusion of such an item on this site was justified. It's all part of the mix.

- As I said to Beowulf by email when I received a complaint from her re. the article in question, I would like to run more profiles of small local businesses. It's simply a time factor that prevents this. We do have several such profiles in the pipeline though.

- The bottom line is that I would hope you can trust that if something appears in one of our editorial sections, it is on our terms, not anyone else's. We don't offer copy approval, for instance. If we run something it is because we consider that it will be of genuine interest to at least some of our readers.

But, like I said, I am pleased that people hold us to high standards.

We've been doing this for a decade (as of today, in fact!) and of course sometimes we will make the wrong call.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 6 May 2008 2.29pm
Brilliant James, this section is well overdue and a welcome addition. Cant think of a better way to buy/sell/rent/compare than having this section. Thanks.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: